Neo-Nazi faction in the Metro universe

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by Ranger_of_the_new_world, May 19, 2012.

1. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Ranger_of_the_new_world Well-Known Member

Okai okai so they are just bad-ass russian armed to there teeth :D , but the oher question how the nazis menaged to make tanks in the metro wich are similar to ww2 ones. It is just kinda strange how big amount of metal they could take and make those armored beast and baracades without treaten to bring the support of the tunnels down. Yes i was in a metro once or twice ( ok ok on Paris metro :tsk:) but i never saw that big amount of metal, more beton or how you call the maerial that is used in biulding walls and houses :)

2. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

It's not truly a Panzer tank, as that armor is pretty tough to replicate, but most of the metal was probably scrap brought in by stalkers: http://metro2033.wikia.com/wiki/Stalkers

3. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

tbh,Ranger_of_the_new_world's point is very interesting.
    In the level "Cart Chase",you can shoot the panzer with the DSKHM on your cart and you can see that you are doing no damage at all at the Panzer.Considering that the nowadays DSKHM machine gun has some penetration capabilities,the panzer has really some good armour!
    Ok,assuming that the bullets are not MGR but dirty,still it has some armour.

anyway,AK-74 for life in the metro!

4. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

The tanks would of been probably taken from storage since not every tank has been destroyed in the wars and they might have been taken to a museum and all the Metro citizens had to do is tie it to a motor car or something and there u have it, a railcartank xD

5. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Ranger_of_the_new_world Well-Known Member

Well DSkHM is one of the most powerfull MG's till this day, only it has kinda bad accuracy and minigun beats it in RoF pretty hard, but even if it fires not MGR it still launches the bullet with massive power. That leaves us that no matter if nazis or russian nazis still can make a better tank than there counterparts ;D. Ok but the last question i have is from the new gameplay trailer: If Hanza has some very important man to deliver to lets say y station from x station wouldnt they use something like armored train like ones in WW1 and WW2 considering that the prisoner is very important and maybe someone wants it back :)

6. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

Hey, if you put enough metal between you and the world it's going to stop a bullet that big. But I do agree, that armor looked very sophisticated. What I always wonder is why they modeled themselves after the Third Reich. Russians (at least the patriotic ones) HATE Germany! But yeah, I prefer the AK as well.

7. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

Eyy guys we getin off-topic here, just a reminder :D

8. Regarding nazism:
    Russians don't hate Germany. The WW2 was always against the Nazism, not the German people. In any case, groups you see in the book and in the game didn't appear out of nowhere. They exist in Russia today.
    Derp 1: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Nazism#Russia
    Derp 2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radical_nationalism_in_Russia

Regarding Panzer:
    The idea of an armored train is not exactly new. The panzer itself is just armored draizine with a machine gun on top, the likes of which have been used extensively throught history.

There is plenty of material to work with in the subway since any subway, especially the Soviet ones, are much bigger than what civilians are allowed to see. State Reserve warehouses, factories, universities, some hospitals and a lot of Civil Defence objects are connected to and are accessible from the subway.

Here's the armored train from M:LL 2011 demo BTW

[​IMG]

EDIT: I'll ask Von Streff to move offtopic posts to a new thread regarding Nazi faction in the game.

#8 Komodo Saurian, May 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2012
  9. #9 Komodo Saurian, May 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2012
  10. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Okay, this thread has been split in two from this point. This part is about the nazis in the metro.

The second part is about the kalash:
    http://www.lastlightforum.com/showthread.php?t=744&page=3

And I'll just say it here: try to keep the threads on topic, try to understand other points of view (especially if it doesn't really matter). And have a good time!

11. Sgt Darkman

Sgt Darkman Member

ok now i get it but if you think about it folks will always try and bring the past with them and if they see the past as well a stronger front then thats where some would go
    with out ever understanding the past as a whole but just what they where told or have seen so you also have to look at the lack of real info they would have to start with