Need help on early level.

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by majnu, May 15, 2013.

1. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

I'm at a level where I have an option to release all the prisoners. I've gone around 5 times and cannot get to the upper level to release the latch in a room which will free them. Can anyone help?

2. Can you describe it in more detail? It's pretty straightforward.

3. MessrUppr

MessrUppr Member

Yeah. When Pavel states you don't have to sneak around anymore it's in that room on the control panel overlooking to prisoners.

4. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Maybe I have gone too far forward? As I have opened an air lock and killed a single guard which then I can press a latch and exit the level or help the prisoners.

I'll do it again as it was light when I tried it and the haze from the sun was shining on my monitor

5. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

#5 majnu, May 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2013
  6. MessrUppr

MessrUppr Member

So you are still at the part where you're using throwing knives? Let me see if I have that part uploaded yet. I played through the game Tuesday but I'm uploading it to my channel day-to-day... Nope. I don't have it up yet but I will tonight (it's next).

Anyway, if you've just gotten out of the silo place where the prisoners are it is up ahead. When you're in the airlock and Pavel hands you the suppressed revolver and speaks of wishing he had a grenade it's in the next room (almost to the end) in the right-hand corner. It isn't next to the door--this will take you to the cutscene!

7. Professor Pew

Professor Pew Well-Known Member

Yep, it's in the section after the airlock. I always run around to find the button, too :).

Once you get the pistol, get rid of all the guards. The two guards at the end on the right are where you have to be. One guard is in front of a control panel with windows above it. On the left of that control panel, there should be a button or a lever. If you use it, you can see the prisoners get freed through the window.

8. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Thanks it was after that bit. I was trying to find it before as it logically made sense as it makes it seem you have an option to leave or rescue them.

Anyway all done now. :)

[​IMG]

#9 majnu, May 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
  9. MessrUppr

MessrUppr Member

Nice! Glad you got it. I think we should all stick it to the Facist douchebags whenever we can.

10. From a non-subjective standpoint they have the best plan so far.

11. MessrUppr

MessrUppr Member

That's just my opinion boiling over from playing too many WW2 games in my life ;)