METRO2033 Epic Fails..!

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by KLMKsunbunny, Oct 20, 2012.

1. KLMKsunbunny

KLMKsunbunny Well-Known Member

i have accidently walked over plenty of fires, and fallen down a few Lurker holes while playing metro, but my most spectacular moment of stupidity was probably when i threw a sticky pipe-bomb at a librarian that was running around below me... the bomb stuck:) but then the librarian jumped up onto the platform right in front of me just as the fuse burnt down..! :D

BOOM! Game over!

:derp::derp::derp:

i know most of you are expert players, but some of you must have screwed up along the way.. So come on, share your moments of failure here..!!!

2. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

Threw a knife and hit armour once... My darkest hour.

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

At that part where the tank was chasing you and... that other guy in the cart with you. (Damn, too long since I've played Metro now D:)
    When you were supposed to shoot the support-thingies in the middle between the bridges, I shot the pillars that supported the tank's bridge. I did it over and over and over, and I died at least ten times at that part, haha!

4. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

I got lost in the Dead City once. I was about to throw my computer out the window, I'll tell you that.
    I'm still searching my mind for other **ck-ups...

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I had the exact same problem. On my first playthrough, this was probably the most frustrating thing about the whole game. :lol:

6. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

This.

[​IMG]

Also, on quite a few occasions I've fallen off platforms on Front Line. Not afraid to admit it.

7. KLMKsunbunny

KLMKsunbunny Well-Known Member

Hahaha! yeah! Why does no-one fix the holes in the floor!

8. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

I also got lost there on my first playthrought, I even needed an youtube walkthrough :tsk: So much shame.

9. Strelok

Strelok Well-Known Member

Well I'm not a stranger to blowing my self up with my own nades or falling of platforms.

My most recent fail was in the dead city where I was trying to knife a lone watcher. I waited until he was close and then tried to bash him once, twice even a third time, missing him every time, well maybe one hit but thats it.
    Ended up with him tearing my guts out.
    Yeah, not my proudest moment.

10. iR3vOlv3Rz

iR3vOlv3Rz Well-Known Member

Everybody knows that one the best of epic fails on Metro (which everyone did) is going with Nikki XD

11. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Haha, same for me man, and my filters were low on my first playthrough, I was just running around with monsters chasing me as I had no time to fight xD

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

:lol: Believe it or not, I've actually never done that. On my first playthrough, I was really conserving my ammo. However, I found out what happens if you do go with her because I was curious and looked it up on YouTube. The next three playthroughs I knew what was going to happen, so I never got fooled by her. :p

13. VanillaToshi

I only found out what happens because a friend told me after I went past that bit already so I did it on purpose the next play through.

So it wasn't an epic fail for me :D

14. Skaara Dreadlocks

The first time, I was so excited and all, that I didn't even notice her walking past. I just heard that guy saying "Okay, we got to check that out!", and I was like "Check what out?".
    The next times, I had already heard about Nikki on the forum. I've never found her in the station after seeing her in the cutscene. (Well, it's not really a cutscene, but whatever). Where is she, actually?

15. Strelok

Strelok Well-Known Member

I think the guy meant that they should check if Artyom was immune to vodka aswell. "let's see if shroom vodka knocks him down- ok we have to check that"

To find nikki, however, you have to tell Bourbon to wait a bit then go back a cross the tracks, turn right then a another right a cross the tracks again and she should be there.

16. Carma143

Carma143 Member

Lol. I've done that so many times its not even funny. Actually, it was quite annoying.

17. Carma143

Carma143 Member

I actually had to finally look it up on YouTube after brutally failing 10 or so times.

18. Carma143

Carma143 Member

Several times I have gotten lost up on the surface, and also in the library when you're trying to figure out how to open that damn door!

19. VanillaToshi

Ahaha it doesn't happen to me so much now, I just did it a few of times when I first got Ranger Hardcore (No crosshair).

It still sucks when it happens though.

20. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

The countless hours I spent in the most puzzling of crypts as Ezio or Altaïr helped me through that part easily. I got the quick-witted achievement too, actually :p