Metro Redux Thoughts/Discussion

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Potarto, Aug 26, 2014.

1. SpartanKobe

SpartanKobe Member
    Regular

Really? I thought the AK did more damage than the Bastard, and the Revolver did more damage than a Lolife. I guess I was mistaken.

Oh and I just found a game-breaking bug. I am at the entrance to the library and everything on my hud and hands just disappear and stay that way whenever I try to use a med kit or change a filter.

I am using a Kalash 2012 and a Bigun if that has anything to do with the bug. But I doubt it.

2. Derrame

Derrame Well-Known Member
    Regular

played few hours of both games, this redux versions are epic, really masterpieces
    m2033 r looks entirely different, new places, graphics, effects, animation, everything is perfect,

i like every detail, but i see, the games lack of colour, its like a grey filter, smoothes everything, i need the sweetfx mod to put some colour,
    i mean, the atmosphere is sometimes, dark, and dull, and sad, but everything looks grey, like coverd in dust or something

what do you think about it?

btw, where do i find niki in m2033 r?

why is Anna in the main menu in m 2033 r? we get to know her in last light for the first time, the events in 2033 take place before we meet her

#22 Derrame, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
  3. I like colour filters like this in games. I've tried sweetfx and ENB mods and they all looked horrible to me.

Find Bourbon, tell him you are not ready to go just yet. After this Nikky will be standing between the shacks nearby.

If you watch Metro 2033 intro, you will see older Artyom sitting in his step-father's office in Exhibition station, writing his memoires/diary which you read in his voice in your head.

4. Derrame

Regular

so, Artyom is writing the momories after the events of last light?

5. Xombie37

Xombie37 New Member

Just getting into Last Light on PS4, pretty impressive thus far.

What button(s) performs the mask wipe maneuver? Or is that not in the PS4 edition? Also, is it possible to check how much a weapons mag can carry? I'm playing on Ranger mode, and recently found a pistol that uses a clip. I've no idea how to check its capacity though.

6. Derrame

Regular

there is an update that fixes the crash intro, maybe it solves that bug too,

7. SpartanKobe

SpartanKobe Member
    Regular

Found the solution. Apparently when you load checkpoint at a point where you are in the process of putting on your mask it makes it glitch. You take off the mask and put it back on until the weird glitchy animation stops and you should be fine.
    Also, I see an icon for fire at the very left of the ammo counters whenever I look at my journal. I guess I'll have to keep going on and see if they give us some kind of flamethrower.

8. Derrame

Regular

Is there any Real difference of the AI in Spartan and Survival mode?

9. Whoever whined it's too bright on the surface, go look at this:

[YOUTUBE]7VyR1qMb9Y0[/YOUTUBE]

10. DarkOne

DarkOne Well-Known Member

Does it look like that on PS4? I don't get my copy until tomorrow.

11. It's a safe assumption that PS4 version looks the same as a PC version on medium settings or better.

This video was recorded on PC.

12. Derrame

Regular

the first time going to dead city with bourbon is bright , becasuse its noon (not too bright for me, its ok,) tha reich outpost its dusk, i think, thats why its darker
    i play on pc and the day-night cycle looks always perfect

13. N3xus

N3xus Well-Known Member

I'm at the outpost mission and I have a broken gas mask, one hit and it's gone, are there any more masks in that mission?

14. Yes, there is one in the building on the first floor.

15. N3xus

N3xus Well-Known Member

16. iprodano

iprodano Member

I wonder why i have watch "Metro LL style" in Metro 2033 Redux while you have watch as it was in original 2033 game.

Do you know something?

17. I'm playing in Survival mode. If you play in Spartan mode you will have the Last Light wristwatch and some Last Light mechanics such as faster gun reloads.

18. iprodano

iprodano Member

Thank you for info, i don't know that.

19. Derrame

Regular

can't find the safe key in Frontline, reight before meeting Ulman, help?

20. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I was one of those people. However, although I haven't yet gotten far enough into M33 Redux to speak based on my own experiences, I've actually changed my mind about this a long time ago after seeing more footage prior to release. It seems ok to me now. Especially so after finally grabbing The Roots of Heaven (the first book in the series to even mention nuclear winter), as daytime there is presented as fairly bright and sunlight can be extremely deadly when you're exposed to it for too long. I'm not going to question how likely such a scenario is and whether it makes any sense because it's all fiction anyway, gas masks become useless after 15 years, Moscow metro wouldn't survive if a bomb was dropped directly on the city, blah blah blah. It's still awesome.