Metro: Last Light Bugs, problems and glitches

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by epicfailarrives, May 14, 2013.

1. metro22

metro22 Member

Yeah, i'm using the most recent catalyst beta that came out a week ago, doesn't change much.

Your 7850 should run this game at least in the same level as 660ti.

I hope AMD get's on the job soon

2. catskinjumpsuit

catskinjumpsuit New Member

All the characters in my game have a texture glitch, where all the textures look as if they're being pulled straight down. I'm playing it on a crappy laptop but everything else in the game is perfectly fine just all the character models are freaking out. Anyone else have this problem? I've re-installed and played around with my video settings but nothing works. Could it just be my graphics card? Help?

3. Someoneyoushoulnotknow.

Xbox360 save problem.

My version on Xbox 360 has a save problem, when quit game and installed it I noticed that my game wasn't saved at all, I was on the point of escaping from Reich. Sadly there was no sign of it so I restarted the game from beginning.

4. Another

Another New Member

Metro Last Light Graphics glitches

Hi!
    I have a strange problem.
    On high settings (low/medium) i encounter graphical glitches.
    Usualy with fire, but on highest settings they're gone, though i can't play on highest cause the game is too laggy for me :/

Screenshot examples:
    High settings -
    1 ht tp://postimg.org/image/v219wcyy1/
    2 ht tp://postimg.org/image/syquooz55/
    Highest settings-
    1 ht tp://postimg.org/image/7qd679ko9/
    2 ht tp://postimg.org/image/o7qz6o6ax/

5. Draggony

Draggony New Member

I am unable to change my resolution and that fix doesn't work for me as I only have one display to start with. One 32" HDTV and it won't go to 1080p for me. Just sticks to some ugly 1440 by 900 garbage. Tried just about everything I could think of. Thinking about giving my game away but thought about it. If there isn't any resolve, I'll find comfort in burning it at my next bonfire. So tired of lack of quality in my video games.

#65 Draggony, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
  6. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

barely out and there be glitches everywhere.

7. emanresu

emanresu New Member

Great idea to cram all problems into one thread. It helps so much with keeping an overview about individual problems. No chaos at all.

So about that:

The wider your resolution is, the higher is your horizontal sensitivity...

I collected some data:

No matter which resolution, moving the mouse from the top to the bottom of my pad is just enough to go from looking all the way up to looking all the way down.

~21 cm vertical mouse movement = ~180° looking around

Now let's see what happens if I move 21 cm horizontally:

1280x1024 (5:4)
    ~270°

1920x1080 (16:9)
    ~270°

5760x1080 (48:9)
    ~900°

Why is 5:4 and 16:9 the same? My bet would be that 5:4 is just a squeezed 16:9, as those screenshots show:

i.imgur.com/0UWGjeB.jpg
    i.imgur.com/LWXRyeM.jpg

And the 48:9 one for good measure:
    i.imgur.com/kLrsVFi.jpg

And another awesome thing:
    While having surround enabled (so desktop resolution is 5760x1080) the game will only let you choose 3 resolutions with the same aspect ration. So in order to play the game at 1920x108 (or whatever) you need to disable surround first, which is just a pain.

Problem persists when using a 360 controller by the way.

#67 emanresu, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
  8. N3xus

N3xus Well-Known Member

I was playing the game on PC of a friend and suddently the FPS dropped to 5 and when i closed the game even in Windows everything was stuttering.
    He told me that this only happened with this game.
    CPU usage after closing it was about 40-50%
    670 gtx, i7 3770k 3.5 and 16 gb ram.

9. GTO6777

GTO6777 New Member

I think I may have stumbled onto a temporary workaround for some of those of you having resolution issues with HDTV's on PC.

I read a review of the game earlier in which the reviewer mentioned issues similar to mine with his HDTV (Blank space in resolution settings and crash to desktop if you change it). He said when he hooked up a regular PC monitor, everything worked fine.

So here's what I did:

My normal cable connecting the PC and screen is a DVI to HDMI. Leaving that connected, I also connected a VGA cable with a DVI to VGA adapter to my second output on the video card.

First change the resolution to 1024x768.

Second, I found that if I boot the computer and start the game while the screens input is set to PC (the VGA cable), I can go into settings and change the resolution as I would normally.

Set the resolution to 1920x1080 and hit Esc (Your screen might go black as if it cant handle that resolution, mine did)

Lastly I changed the TV input back to my original HDMI connection.

From there on, it works fine. I am able to exit the game and go back into it and the settings stay. However, when I rebooted, the settings reset and I had to do the process over again.

It seems that the game has issues with HDMI.

Unfortunately I'm so tired and frustrated from my trial and error, I don't even want to play the game now.

If anyone tries it and it doesn't work, let me know. The were a couple other things I changed, but I don't think they're necessary.

10. Bloodwave

Bloodwave New Member

Metro:Last Light wont start properly

The game worked the first time and then when I was climbing a ladder with the sniper girl my game crashed. I then tried to run it again and it runs with a console command like thing instead of the game. I have included screenshots of this glitch. Please help, I have been waiting for the game for a while and am extremely excited to play it.

Attached Files:

11. nets09

nets09 New Member

Stuck at the main menu

I got the game today for PS3 and it worked fine. Tried starting it up a second time, and it gets stuck at the main menu. Where it says press start to continue. I press start and nothing happens. I've deleted the game data and still nothing. I just went and got a new disc and it's the same thing. Has anyone else had this happen!? Beyond frustrating.

12. ghostdeini

ghostdeini New Member

I'm experiencing the flickering shadows and frame lagging. The game runs like molasses whenever I pan the camera across these flickering shadows. In order to make the game playable, I'm forcing the DX9 renderer via the user.cfg file. I really want to play this game in DX11, and I'm pretty bummed that I have to postpone my playthrough until this problem is fixed.

- W8 64-bit
    - i5-3570k
    - Sapphire Radeon 7950
    - 13.5 beta
    - 1 display
    - DVI connection
    - On-board VIA hd audio

13. Prettyfox

Prettyfox New Member

Laggy Frames/Screen Tearing

I easily beat the minimum settings with my computer, and have everything set as low as it can go, including my resolution...

yet for some reason, I'm still getting lag and screen tearing.

I have a 2.7 duo core intel processor
    a 2GIG ATI Radeon 7870
    and 4 gigabytes of RAM...

14. carlsomm

carlsomm New Member

Having the same problem... I am running on a 52 Inch plasma resolution, I found a user.cfg file in the game directory. I set the resolution to 1280 X 760 (Most of my games run fine this way.. I can play the game now but I cannot read the notes. THey are scrunched up. Updated Nvidia drivers / Direct X. Restart... Ran in Safe mode and still see no available settings for resolution.. The notes are the story line and do not even wish to play the game without being able to read. Hope LL tech fix this soon.. I believe it has to do with the Refresh rate and possibly interlacing. Gluck game looks great so far.

15. nets09

nets09 New Member

Is anyone playing on PS3? I'm currently stuck on the main menu, it just continually flashes press start to continue. Nothing happens. Deleted game data, restored file system, and even got a new disc.

16. TheOnlyKingArthur

I don't understand, you connected the DVI>VGA to your HDTV along with the HDMI cable? I would try that but my HDTV only has HDMI input, no VGA or DVI.

I am experiencing the same resolution lock issue that some other people are having. Here's what's happening for me: The game is locked at an odd resolution 1440x480. The image stretches to fill my full screen (1920x1080), but has odd stretching and cropping issues with UI and HUD elements (anything that is not 3D). For example, 3D game elements do not look squashed or streched--just low resolution, but the in-game menu is cropped and the right half of all the text within is missing. When I go into the options to change the resolution, the actual resolution field is blank and the instant I click to change it the game crashes.

I can tell what the resolution is set to from three locations: GeForce Experience, User.cfg, and the screenshots I've taken. Every attempt to alter the resolution, through GeForce Experience, User.cfg, and in-game Options, has failed. In-game Options attempts crash the game immediately, and attempts at forcing the resolution through GeForce Experience and User.cfg do nothing (the game changes it back to 1440x480 the next time it is loaded). I've attached some screenshots so that people who are not having this problem can see what is going on. The screenshots look squashed, but when in-game the odd resolution is using a non square-pixel aspect ratio and stretching it up to 16:9 to fill the screen. It doesn't look quite as bad as the screenshots, but the real problem is the cropping of UI elements and the fact that I can't change resolution in the first place. I imagine the cropping stuff would go away if I could.

The two solutions listed in this thread so far do not work for me: #1 Unplug secondary monitor (I only have one connected), and #2 Connect your HDTV using an analog VGA cable (my TV only supports HDMI). I've also tried changing every other in-game setting, and disabling my secondary PhysX GPU.

Anyone else have suggestions?

Here's my setup:
    Windows 8 64bit
    i7 970
    12GB RAM
    GTX 580
    GTS 450 (PhysX Only)
    Installed onto 4x1TB RAID 5 Array
    Steam version of M:LL
    Panasonic Plasma HDTV --> HDMI

Attached Files:

#76 TheOnlyKingArthur, May 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2013
  17. GTO6777

GTO6777 New Member

That's correct, both cables connected to the same TV. If you don't have VGA or DVI ports on your TV, the only other cable type that might work would be this:

[​IMG]

DVI (or VGA) from your PC to RGB inputs on the screen.

18. TheOnlyKingArthur

I do have component inputs on my TV, but I don't have that type of cable and I'd prefer not to use analog connections anyway.

Fortunately, I've been reading the Steam forums and the issue has been found and fixed internally already, so the game patch should be out soon hopefully. I'll just wait for that, as I didn't find any interim solutions that would work for me in the mean time.

The problem apparently is with certain models of HDTVs connected via HDMI that report awkward possible resolutions and are being auto-selected by default and cannot be changed.

19. ivory_soul

ivory_soul New Member

Retail disc doesn't activate

I bought the disc for PC at Fry's Electronics (I live in California, it's like Best Buy but better). On Steam it says (Not available in your country) when I enter the CD key. What gives? I posted this on the Steam forums, sent in an email to Steam. Just thought I'd come on here in case anyone over here has heard of this issue. I'm also not the only one. It seems all retail discs aren't activating on Steam.

20. stock2255

stock2255 New Member

I've posted to Ivory_soul's post on Steam's forums, but wanted to post here as well to make sure its understood that it is affecting multiple users, and cannot be attributed to user error or one retailer. I preordered the Limited Edition Retail box from Amazon, and it was shipped to my home in Texas. When trying to install the game, Steam will pop up with an error:

"Not Available

Sorry, but the following items are not available for purchase in this country. Your purchase has been cancelled"

Obviously its just a bug, but like Ivory_soul, I've also emailed Steam, Deep Silver, as well as Amazon (not that contacting amazon would help...) and have yet to receive a response. When I first encountered the problem, I figured there would be more posts and complaints from multiple users on the problem, but It wasn't to just a while ago that I finally saw a post on Steam, and realized it wasn't just a problem with my copy, my computer. For reference, I turned off UAC, Windows Firewall, and all similar security problems to rule out a bug or conflict with them. I also do not use a VPN, proxy, or any other kind of configuration that could create problems for Steam.