Metro graphics modding

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Hameedo, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Hameedo

Hameedo Member

is there a way to mod the game, open developer console, add certain commands?

2. Hameedo

Hameedo Member

3. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Not really, metro isn't modding friendly

4. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

What Stalker said. There were rumors of a potential SDK being released, but that was quite some time ago, and we haven't heard anything since.

5. DaGaMa

DaGaMa Member

Would love to see that SKD released! Imagine modding! It would extend the life of the game E n o r m o u s l y ! Look at GTAIV

6. Hameedo

Hameedo Member

I wish they'd release it, I am dying to bring back muzzle flash shadows .. it is the only thing missing compared to M2033 .. all other shadows are still intact , flashlights and even explosions.

7. Yakov

Yakov Well-Known Member

Just imagine what we could do with SDK, it would bring thousands of skilled modders, they'd probably create an open world!

8. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

No,no open world please. Also i don't think the engine can handle open world the size of the Zone for example.

9. Yakov

Yakov Well-Known Member

No open world? What happened to you? What's negatives for the open world Metro?

10. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Keegan was bit by a radioactive german now he is the bulgarian viking

11. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

What happened to me? What happened to you? if it is another game,not related to Metro, i wouldn't mind. If it is a Metro game i'd like my story tight and focused. Or maybe semi open world in the veins of Alan Wake where you have some freedom to explore the surroundings and yet you're always encouraged to follow the main path. I'd love such game. But open-world, free roam Metro game? No, thanks. And like i mentioned before-the engine cannot handle such wide free-roam areas-one of the devs said that himself.
    And its not negativity, just an opinion. But open world Metro game won't work.

12. Potarto

I don't think it would ever happen, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't likely enjoy one if for some reason we did. Kshatriya was amazing, and exploration is one of my favorite parts of the Metro series.

13. Hameedo

Hameedo Member

any news on the mods?

14. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac Active Member

Nothing but minor editing via the user.cfg file really. You can remove the blur while keeping Very High texture detail and such, but nothing major.

15. Hameedo

Hameedo Member

anything related to shadows?

16. Potarto

I dunno. There might be a way to manually set shadow resolution to a higher number, but that would likely be it.

17. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac Active Member

2033 had a "r_lod_shadow_quality" command in the user.cfg file, and is set to a value of 1. when using Very High settings, but Last Light has no shadow command at all in the cfg file.

You have to be careful what tweaks you try and always make a backup copy of the original file. Even changing FOV in LL can cause graphical glitches due to the use of 3D-rendered screen overlays in certain parts of the game.