Metro Cinematic

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Revenor, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Revenor

Revenor Member

As some of you may know, I'm working on a cinematic set on the Metro Universe, you can find more info on a thread called ''Noclip Help'', i cant link it cause i dont have 15 posts yet. We were already talking about stuff there, but it's kinda off topic since the topic was made to get some help on a noclip mod, and in order for the replies to be more in-topic i made this Thread.

2. Revenor

Revenor Member

So, after spending like 2 hours of re-listening guitar tracks from Metro and Stalker, and some more that are not related at all, I came to the find out that the best ones to serve my purpose, which as I told in the previous post is ''You see, that's the thing. I want to show both the misery, fear, and pain in the Metro, which you can see in people's eyes when they arrive in a station on the railcarts.. But I also want to show, that the people try to survive, and be happy, overcoming their fears, sitting arround a fire on a station, eating all kinds of food, playing the guitar, saying stories, having fun.'' Seems like almost every Stalker song, is what the people would play arround a fire having fun, and not just seems like, that's what they are: [YOUTUBE]By1b2GLzDUA[/YOUTUBE] . So, i excluded the Stalker songs, cause as i Said before i want to show both the pain and fear in the Metro, but also the people trying to have fun, and be positive. So i went on the Metro Songs. Almost everyone is ultra depressing (not a bad thing, i love Metro songs :) ) But it wont work on the cinematic for the reason above. But then again, i remember the ending songs. Yea, they're perfect. They have a mixed feeling. They show both pain and happines. They show ''The world is ruined, but we're positive, we'll make it through''. The only thing is that i don't know which one to choose. I'm like ''The bad ending one is great, oh yeah, here the melody goes from that to this, perfect to change the scene, with a fast cut or fade in, but, but the good ending is happier, and shows the positivity of people in the Metro, but, the bad ending one bla bla..'' Tho, i slightly think the good ending one fits more, mainly cause im planning to use some quotes said by Khan play in the background, with maybe some text on the screen, and with a song on the background, i think the good ending one fits more. What do you think? [YOUTUBE]8_335WVjj7A[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]om8hE9NuiK4[/YOUTUBE]

3. Revenor

Revenor Member

[YOUTUBE]ChMrHFHWpI8[/YOUTUBE]I also found this very good piece, cant hear it very well tho cause of the gunshots, can you help me on this? I think it fits really well, not sure tho, from what i hear it's pretty good

4. Revenor

Revenor Member

Nvm, found it :D [YOUTUBE]Oxzh_IHn2qg[/YOUTUBE]

Edit: Tomorrow I'm going on vacation till Sunday, most likely i'll have internet acces, if I dont tho, please leave your opinion, should I use The good ending song, the bad ending song, or the Guitar Song 2 from Metro 2033?

#4 Revenor, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2015
  5. You could release an unlisted video (Only accessible if one has a link) with all three draft variants back to back. Or just three unlisted videos, so that your viewers here could check it out and decide which one works best before you trim it down and release a final version.

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I actually think the bad ending theme is better, it gets the general atmosphere of Metro across and doesn't feel all that sorrowful either. Komo's idea is also something you might wanna consider as it gives viewers the best view of how the video might look with each soundtrack. However, I can see how that might be a little impractical if you want to switch scenes according to the music, since that would mean you'd have to create three different videos (or just three samples) only to show us the differences.

7. Revenor

Revenor Member

Well, Im back. Turns out I had internet acces, but i did not remember my password, lol...
    Bamul, you're right, but in my eyes, i see the bad ending song like ''we achieved victory, but the sacrifice was so big, that it's hardly a victory'' (it's a victory o course, but the casualties were huge...) This is of course a great song, but while it definetely gets the general feel of the metro, it's not suitable to show both happines and sorrow. What i mean, not only shows the general image of the Metro, also has this feel. It's like showing the mixed feels, but not allowing to seperate them, a both bad and good melancholic feel, which is up to your mind what to think. THe good one on the other hand, shows victory, with the feel of ''After all the hard work, after all we've been through, we made it. We finnaly made it'' That's how it looks to Me. I dont really want to upload multiple sneak peaks, basicly not sneak peaks at all. It's not the extra work, it's just that i dont want to spoil anything. I will sure try to edit a part with both tho, and choose the best (or realease two versions ;) )

8. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

At the end of the day, you should definitely go with what suits you best. We're only here to share our opinions, but it's your video that you will spend plenty of time working on - so, first and foremost, you should be the person satisfied with your choices. ;)

9. Skaara Dreadlocks

Why don't you use this? :D
    [YOUTUBE]?v=bRzwODGlzZ4[/YOUTUBE]

I'm just kidding :lol: You know, I can actually play that on harmonica. Not flawlessly, but close enough :D

10. Revenor

Revenor Member

This is actually one of my favorite tracks ;) Except from the cinematic, Im planning to to more, short cinematic-like clips. Like timelapses, ''life in Metro'' n stuff :)

11. Commissar_Jimbo

Commissar_Jimbo Well-Known Member

#11 Commissar_Jimbo, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2015
  12. Revenor

Revenor Member

I have not cancelled this, just too busy at this period of time, and also working on some GTA mods. You may have to wait more, but i guarantee that the cinematic will be made :)

13. Revenor

Revenor Member

Still not cancelled. A lot changed with my life during the past 5 or so months, but this project is something I really wanna do, but I lack the time to do so. I'm planning on finishing the project during the easter, and if not by then, at some point during 2016's summer.

14. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Take your time. :)

15. Skaara Dreadlocks

I haven't forgotten, we're still waiting eagerly :D Focus rather on the quality, than the release date ;)