METRO 2035... Announced?

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by Bamul, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Okay, according to the interview below (originally posted on the forum by majnu), Dmitry Glukhovsky is going to write a third book set in the Metro universe - called "Metro 2035". This novel is going to be about the same story as Last Light, but in much more detail, depth and generally a whole lot longer since it's a book.
    EDIT: skip to 8:40 for the part where Dmitry mentions it.
    [YOUTUBE]?v=-nvaENxIOvU[/YOUTUBE]
    I really can't believe that he's just said this in a random interview in the US. I thought Russia would be the first place to hear of it, but I can't find anything official about it or any announcements of it on the internet. This is really unexpected, but awesome, news! :D

#1 Bamul, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2013
  2. Rilence

Rilence Active Member

If I heard correctly he said it'll be on the Metro Last Light disk for free. That's pretty awesome!

EDIT: Or is he referring to the epilogue to Metro 2033, "The Gospel According to Arytom"?

#2 Rilence, Mar 23, 2013
  3. He was referring to the M2033 book that US publishers were not interested in. He is giving it away for free with each physical copy of MLL.

#3 Komodo Saurian, Mar 23, 2013
  4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Did you not watch the whole vid? He clearly says Metro 2035 and that it's an upcoming novel. He changes topics quite fast at that moment though, so it is quite confusing.

UPDATE #1: *Sigh* If neither of you trust me or can listen to the video properly, then here is a link that proves it: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/01/metro-last-light-flickers-in-na-may-14-eu-may-17/ When you get on the website, click the big button that says "show press release" and Cntrl + F search for Metro 2035.

UPDATE #2: I just realized that the Joystiq article I posted a link to was created on the 1st of March, 2013... how the hell did we all miss this? Why did no else hear about this?! :lol: Anyway, I made an article for "Metro 2035" on the Metro 2033 wiki. It's about time we had one for it on there, considering we are over 20 days behind with this news. :p

#4 Bamul, Mar 23, 2013
  5. I don't really care about M2035, it's just MLL in book form.

I've edited the last message so that you don't get confused. All I meant to say is that he is adding M2033 as a free .pdf to each physical copy of MLL.

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

So, what's the point of posting here about it if you don't care? :p Well at least it's good to know that you changed your mind.

#6 Bamul, Mar 23, 2013
  7. Answering a question about which book comes with MLL.

8. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Never mind, I think we just had a misunderstanding. ;)

9. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Yes LL is based on 2035, he said it himself in the video I thought. Also we knew that 2034 wasn't the sequel to Metro 2033.

10. The other way around.

He wrote MLL, but it was too big for one game, so he puts all the extra he had into a M2035 book.

11. Remer

Remer Active Member

I'm guessing there will be a more formal announcement down the road as he gets closer to publishing the book. I don't think anyone really knows about this yet, but I can't wait to get my hands on it. I'd rather have a full sequel to the book than the game. Loved the novel!

12. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

In the vain of the Taco advert "Why not both" DA DA DAADA DA DA DADADADA

13. metro

metro Member

hahahaha