Metro 2033 Library tecniques

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by Amensis, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Amensis

Amensis Member

Hey Guys Amensis here, new to the forum

just wanted to ask you guys: How did you get through the library,
    i found that the best way was to just run but i was also just playing on Medium,
    Anyone who got through the library while playing on ranger or ranger hardcore?
    :lol:

2. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

I play on Ranger Hardcore and in both the Archives and the Depository I always stare the librarians down, take any ammunition in the area and move on to the next part of the level.

3. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

^This!

But if you're looking just to get the hell out of there running is the best option.:D

4. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I play Ranger Hardcore and just take my time (if my filter count permits it), make sure I get all the ammo and filters I can and when it comes to dealing with Librarians just fuck them up, doesn't really matter what weapon you use but I have found that the Uboyneg (about 5-6 shots), throwing knives(can't remember), Hellsing (3 bolts I think) are the most effective. I bet the Volt Driver kills them in no time though.

The good thing about Ranger Hardcore is that humans are the only challenging enemies because they have guns. Whereas, mutants have to get in close and the fact that you have a gun and they die easily on Ranger Hardcore makes them quick to dispatch.

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I agree with Toshi. I completed the game on both of the Ranger modes and shooting them up in the face, usually with the Uboinik in my case, was always the simplest & easiest way through for me. Just aim for the head and fill it with shells from the automatic shotgun. :cool:

6. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

Ranger Hardcore Mode ... Trench Knife for the win!

7. Amensis

Amensis Member

So all of you guys see the lurkers as a bigger threat, funny i din't have any problem with them at all :p

but hey that's just me

8. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

:D I use this if I don't kill them with the throwing knives, just so I feel like I have accomplished something.

9. Eragon20

Eragon20 Member

I Just blew their faces of with the Uboinik and finished them off with a revolver to the head. Just remember that you can skip some fights by jumping in the holes on the second floor. Sticky Dynamite works well if the librarian doesn't chase you down of course.

10. zin

zin Active Member

Stare down and shoot in face, stare down and avoid, shoot on sight, run like hell. Those are the options, I prefer the first. The second option is bit more fun and challenging since you need to play it safe. On lower difficulties it seem mutants are more resistant to damage. The higher difficulties you'll have minor issue with killing mutants, the enemy NPC's are far more dangerous at Ranger Hardcore/Easy. Make sure you bought filters at the station before if you want to play it safe. There are only a few filters to loot in the Library. You can kill a Librarian with one shot in the face using an overpressured Helsing at Ranger Hardcore/Easy.

#10 zin, May 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2013
  11. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

Either stealthing and helsing or shit-load of jumping and Uboinik to the face!

12. Skaara Dreadlocks

On my first playthrough, I wasted all my ammunition on them.
    *Shoot, turn, run, jump run jump run jump, turn, shoot while walking backwards, turn, run jump run jump run, turn, shoot while walking backwards* ...etc.
    And in the same process, I'd be hysterically screaming out loud as the Librarians would repeatedly hit me and throw me around, and I'd also switch from weapon to weapon upon going out of ammo, lol.

On the other playthroughs, I just ran :D

13. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

Stare down, then ran, although i did have to fight sometimes.

14. I just punched them in the face.

[​IMG]

15. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

I tried that. He punched back.