Making a full song from the Metro main theme

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by Chavez, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Chavez

Chavez New Member

Hey everyone, nice to meet you all!

I've been playing Metro series ever since they came out and they're one of my favorite games ever. But, what touched me the most is the music, since I am a musician. That main theme became my post apocalyptic anthem and I've been thinking for few months should I cover it.

I came up with a whole new idea to expand it from instrumental to full song, with lyrics and vocals, and that's what I managed to do today, finally.

I really hope that you'll like it because I really tried hard to capture all the videos as well to compose, write and sing the whole song.

Let me know if you like this small tribute to this great game and music, cheers! :)

Since I am new member of the forum, I cannot put URL, so just type "Chavez - Metro 2033 (cover + original lyrics & vocals)" on youtube and it shall be there.

If someone wants, he/she can put the link below instead of me. :)

EDIT:

[YOUTUBE]MDGfGHimBRQ[/YOUTUBE]

2. Don't worry, I fixed your post with an embedded video :thumb:

3. Chavez

Chavez New Member

Wow, thank you so much! I hope you liked it! :)

4. Yup, one of those upvotes on YT is from me.

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Pozdrav! This is very well done, both the music/vocals and the video (the part with the spider at the end was a really nice touch too). The audio was also appropriately bleak. I left you a thumbs up. :)

6. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I liked it (<you see what I did there? I killed two birds with one stone.... :wacko: )

And welcome to the forum!

7. Chavez

Chavez New Member

Thank you, guys, much appreciated! :)

8. Skaara Dreadlocks

[​IMG]
    I used a lot of time searching around the internet to find this .gif, just for you.
    I love the fact that you've actually added your own fitting lyrics to the original song, and the gloomy voice fits very well too. And I love the fact that you can actually play the Metro song on guitar, I've wanted to be able to do that for so long. Only thing I can poke at is the video. It didn't really set the mood for me, personally. But the song was great and I could never have made any video that great myself.

All in all, amazing. It's an honor to have yet another such a dedicated fan here on the forums :)

9. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have nothing to complain about. The entire thing sounds great, and it seems like you put a lot of time into the effort. Everything from the vocals to the overall sound is near perfect. It's one of those ideas that I never would have come up with myself. :3

10. Chavez

Chavez New Member

Thanks for the kind words and support, guys! :)

It was a real pleasure making it and I'm really glad that I'm able to come up with that sort of stuff, haha.

I was thinking for my next project to make a new song, from scratch.

I usually work alone on all of my music, but I'd like to hear if any of you have some ideas regarding the song. It would be about Metro series, of course, but I'm sure everyone has their own precious moments in game that he would gladly share here.

So, feel free to write down, I'll copy it and store the ideas. Then, hopefully, very soon, I'll start working on the brand new song made by the community, for the community! :)

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

That's a wonderful idea. :) Nothing comes to mind for me at the moment, but I'll edit this post (or just post a new response) when I think of something.

12. Skaara Dreadlocks

Sounds great! :D
    Perhaps some of the lyrics could be inspired from the Genesis trailer?

13. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Hmmm... Well, Uncle Bourbon was a cool character, perhaps about the hobos in the metro, or that song that one of the bandits sings early on in the game :
    [YOUTUBE]uu3i6bjohVY[/YOUTUBE]

14. TheBoss0567

TheBoss0567 Member

That was actually incredible