Lag issue

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion & Support' started by thebattlemuffin, Dec 27, 2013.

1. thebattlemuffin

thebattlemuffin New Member

Hello
    i love playing Metro last light i have wan'ted to play it after i played the first Metro but when i first installed it on to my desk to i will post specs at the end but i can play fine and then once the next chapter or stage begins it just lags until i get to the next stage but know the the lag has become crippling which means i can barely play my Pc is very qualified to play Metro and i recently had a problem which has been fixed so they have checked it for faults

my specs
    graphics card=XfX radeion Hd 7970 3gb
    ram = 8gb 1600mhz ddr3
    motherboard= gigabyte
    CPU = intel core I5 3.4 - 3.8 mhz video of the lag at can't post it search "MetroLL 2013 12 27 15 51 54 62" on youtube and should be uploadid by brad j

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

I believe I have the same problem, in a way. Before, Metro would play just fine on my computer, but after I upgraded my computer, it lags immensely when there are many enemies, especially when there's a lot of effects like fire. It's not in the main game, but in the DLC packs, especially the Tower Pack. I couldn't play that pack because it was impossible with the lag as more and more enemies came in. All other DLC was survivable, but I lagged quite a bit, especially in the spider-DLC.

I'd love to give you a fix, but I have no idea what the problem is, except the possibility that it can maybe be your graphics card. Because I do have a Radeon as well. ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series, to be exact. Just guessing here.

3. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Maybe, not 100% sure, but..... Try using a frames per second limiter. Your frame rate is probably jumping around dramatically; example 35, 90, 95, 50, 20, 90, 21, 95, 95, 95, 30.... and so forth. This may cause the slowdown, so try setting your frame rate at 65, if you can. If you have ATI tray tools, you can set it there.

If that doesn't work, then try restarting the level. This appears to fix most of the problems around here.

Good luck :D