Just Cause 3

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by TheDarknessEnvelops, Jul 14, 2015.

1. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Previously I have only seen screenshots of it so this is the first time I'm looking at any footage of Just Cause 3 and it is very impressive indeed. I love how it looks like good arcadey fun and the scale of the explosions is stunning (though all that real-time physics simulations might be a bitch to run, hopefully they'll optimise it well enough). The only thing that really bothered me is what the presenter said: that it's all just gameplay recorded from them faffing about, which is obviously not the case when there are so many cinematic camera angles shown as well as some scripted sequences. Also, the colours are a bit too vivid for my tastes.

3. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

I've always wanted to get my hands on one of the Just Cause games. I would, occasionally, read articles about them, in game magazines, and stare, at the screenshots, similar to how a little kid would at the drawing in a picture book. The game looks like it'll be ridiculous fun, indeed.

And I also think the colors are too vivid. It's as if they have a ENB filter enabled.

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Will this be one of those few games which get mods to actually reduce the colour intensity and contrast as opposed to increasing them like people do with the recent Bethesda titles? :lol:

5. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

Maybe, just cause's mods are quite large, they actually modded in multiplayer in just cause 2 and avalanche is quite supportive of mods rather than dlcs. Although I actually quite like the vibrant colours, it's a nice change from the darker games

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yes, I remember that mod - that was pretty cool. And I see what you mean about many other games trying to be so gloomy. I don't mind something more bright and colourful every now and then, but here it just seems to be a bit too much.