Is the mouth of sauron the one and only sauron? is he lord sauron?

Discussion in 'Lord of the Rings' started by blackstone, Aug 6, 2013.

1. blackstone

blackstone Well-Known Member

Who is Sauron?

2. pinkring

pinkring Well-Known Member

Mouth os Sauron is not Sauron. He is talking on behalf of Sauron. Sauron is a type of Maiar.

3. siamsot

siamsot Member

We see the form of Sauron in the beginning of the first movie when he is beaten by Isildur and in the rest of the movies we see him as the eye. I think that in order to be in his true form again he must be reunited with the ring. The mouth of Sauron is just a messanger of him in order to negotiate with the Free people of Middle Earth... Is this correct?

4. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

The Mouth was just speaking for him. Think of him as Sauron's PR guy and diplomat. Sauron was like Gandalf and was a Maiar. Only few of them were created and dispatched to Middle Earth.

5. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member
    Regular

Mouth of Sauron is just a puppet who speaks and acts on Sauron's behalf. He's a separate being but is completely subservient to Sauron.

6. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am pretty sure Sauron actually is the pupil in the "eye" as can be seen during his confrontation with Gandalf in the second Hobbit movie. That's how I see it in the movies at least, I am pretty sure it's not that way in the books.

7. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's correct from what I understand. After Isildur defeated him, his spirit embodied itself in the "eye."