If you could live at any time in history where would it be?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by thecorinthian, Aug 4, 2015.

1. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

Playing Assassin's Creed had me interested in Renaissance Europe. When I played Mafia2 I thought living as a gangster in 1940's New York would be a fine way of living. I'd have drugs, money and women and all the great jazz music I wanted. Living as a sniper during World War II would be cool too. I'd learn a lot about killing through a scope and get a Medal of Honor. Where in history would you want to be?

2. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Well, I would stick with a role in the World War II too. Sounds both scary and cool to join a war but I would surely end up disliking it because as an old saying states: "the war is cool only for the ones who have never fought one".

3. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I want to experience before World War 2. I really love the atmosphere at that time. Well, I've been playing games or watching some shows that are set on that time that's why I want be on that time.

4. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would like to live in the 80's to see how people spent their time back then when there were no computers or internet. There were also amazing looking cars done in that century.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would love to live in the timeline where pirates were everywhere and they were really popular. I think a pirate's life is pretty cool, sea stories and magic stuff would be the norm. :D My life is boring now, I need some action!

6. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think medieval warfare is so interesting, so I'd like to live in that period and get to wear armor and a shield and hold a sword. I also think World War II was such an important war so I'd like to go back and serve and have an important role in that piece of history.

7. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would also like to live in the 80s. I'm more of a vintage guy... and those times back then are the most suitable to me. I just imagine myself wearing a pair of blue jeans and a leather coat, smoking a cigarette on Golden Gate bridge. :D

8. fuumarumota

fuumarumota Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think I'd live in the 80's as well, were it all started for real in terms of gaming, as an adult, so I could buy every console available haha. Or maybe in the 60's us just to see all legendary classic rock bands live!

9. DanaFoxScully

DanaFoxScully Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'd totally live in 1500s France, working as someone like Catherine de Medici's seer. She was powerful too, so I'd be pretty safe.

10. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think I'd like to live during the Renaissance period where it's all about art and such. It would be nice to see artists in action and see the fashion at that time as well. I wouldn't want to live during war because I'm quite a coward, lol.

11. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would probably want to relive my childhood and live between 1997-2004. In my opinion a lot of good games and television series were coming out in those times and many have already been out at that point.