I only started playing Skyrim a few days ago.. am I missing something?

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online' started by Potatoman, Aug 15, 2015.

1. djskyrim

djskyrim Well-Known Member
    Regular

"Jailer of Love" from FF, yeah I remember. There are always going to be things that people don't know or haven't discovered. I personally find a lot of new info via forums or other gamers.

2. Rodrigo Menezes

Regular

Yes, you definitelytook longer than usual to try Skyrim out. But it is a good thing you started playing it because it is a very good game, that has no expiration date.

3. djskyrim

Regular

Exactly. You can keep exploring the game long after you have complete the major quests. Plenty to do on skyrim.

UnslaadKrosis likes this.
  4. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

There is no real wrong time to start playing a game, but you might just have to put up those shades that you have to put up with a good movie or something like that and really tune out the things that might be spoilers. I remember I started playing after hearing a lot about it so I had a little of that feeling, but it subsided.

5. IgCho

IgCho Active Member
    Regular

Fast travel is what your missing. The other thing I'd emphasize is take your time to explore the world around you rather than doggedly pursue a quest line. This not only immerses you in the game world, but it increases the number of places you can fast travel to so that you can fast track quest lines later on.

6. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Well-Known Member
    Regular

Exactly. With the plethora of unique random quests and an aggressive modding community that releases fantastic mods to this day ensures that the Skyrim experience will stay strong for a long time in the future. All Hail DragonBorn!! :cool:

djskyrim likes this.
  7. Shounenbat

Shounenbat New Member

I like Skyrim because I enjoy just wandering around, admiring the scenery, trying to avoid giants because I don't like killing them, etc. The point of the game isn't necessarily to finish it, but to become immersed in it. Actually defeating Alduin usually takes a backseat, at least when I'm playing. I'm much more interested in guilds, helping people, and ridding the country of those Nazi High Elves who want me to stop worshiping Mighty Talos!

The beautiful thing about Elder Scrolls is just how real the world feels. There's so much lore and history that it feels like a place that could actually exist, and I enjoy the more political and ideological aspects of Skyrim in particular. It's put together very well.

My only complaints are that it can be glitched at times, and that the Thieves Guild wasn't nearly as good and interesting as it was in previous Elder Scrolls games. The game seems to want to force you to join it, at least on some level. I never did get more than one or two quests into it, so I've got annoying gems in my inventory that I can't get rid of because the main recruiter for the Thieves Guild won't actually check them out for me unless I get further into that particular quest line. Oh, and I wish that the House of Horrors quest had a different ending you can take. I read somewhere that there's evidence in the code that multiple endings were possible, but they didn't make it into the final version of the game.

8. djskyrim

Regular

Hmm... I didn't know about the multiple endings for the house of horrors quest. Well, they must have had there reasons. My only complaint is that they should have really worked more on each main character so that the level of interaction could be even more.

9. coolyfrost

coolyfrost Well-Known Member
    Regular

As said previously, you can fast travel to places you have already been to. Also, Skyrim is all about exploration, so don't be afraid to go out of your way to find new areas and quests to have fun with.

10. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member
    Regular

But that's the best part of a wide open sandbox game though! The exploration! But if you're too lazy to go to places, you can always fast travel, or use the cart near the stables and pay them to drive you to the different towns in the map. It's not nearly as fun as walking all over though; you get to see all sorts of places, meet people with quests, find daedric items, and more! Try it, that's what makes Skyrim so fun!

11. jalikam

jalikam Well-Known Member
    Regular

The game is really great because I really love the challenging games. Well, the game would be no more interesting without the hardest part of the game. You are not at all playing the game wrong. You need to do something that every gamer does. You just need to practice more and I think after few days of practice, you would be good to go.

12. xyrene

xyrene Well-Known Member
    Regular

No, not really, I think that you're not missing anything on Skyrim, just continue to play the game thoroughly.

13. Bravosi

Bravosi Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like how unpredictable Skyrim can be. That's what I love about it!

14. walter12

walter12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Indeed, it makes it much more appealing and exciting

15. Bravosi

Bravosi Well-Known Member
    Regular

I know it's been 4 years and everything, but gets more mods!