How should the story be in Last Light?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by princemubz007, Oct 9, 2012.

1. princemubz007

princemubz007 Well-Known Member

post your comments and let me know what you think makes a good Metro game.:pop2:

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Everything from Metro 2033, refined to a completely new level of awesomeness. Many gameplay features and tweaks included for additional immersion. More freedom in every chapter (think along the lines of "Frontline", but for almost all levels in the whole game). A multiplayer mode that does not detract from the main juice of the game - the singleplayer.

As for the story itself, I don't think anything really needs changing. Sure, let's not kid ourselves, Metro 2033 skipped over or altered many of the events in the plot of the book. However, it was done so tastefully and worked wonders in the format of an atmospheric FPS. It was a fine example of where quantity does not equal quality, where less can sometimes mean more.

However, I would like to see a love interest for Artyom in Last Light. Someone like Alyx Vance from Half-Life 2. It would make the story so much more personal and, when appropriate, dramatic. In addition, Artyom still wouldn't have to utter a word as long as his partner was an interesting persona.

Just my opinion on how things should be, I'm sure some will disagree. :)

3. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

You and your invincible buddy using American weapons even though you're in the SAS and fight terrorists and get betrayed by Americans and then you go on a suicide mission to shoot some shit up and then there's a chase and you get to the guy, you somehow get injured, try killing this mofo that you're after, get knocked out, wake up, just about to die, your homie who you thought was dead distracts him, you kill the mofo in some very macho man bullturd way and then you both survive and then the next game it's the same but with a different bad guy... JOKE it's not Call Of Duty.

Last Light should be the same as the last game but better with a different story and new content of course. Don't forget the Ranger Hardcore

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

:lol: That was nicely done. ;)

5. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

If you'd take a look at my "New Information!" thread, you'd see a story reveal in the article. Fools.

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

I hear ye, man! :D
    Gordon uttered even less words than Artyom, so.. :)

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yeah, Artyom's legendary "f***!" shall never be forgotten. :lol:

8. princemubz007

Artyom is legendary, you're right.

9. princemubz007

They should make it freeroam in the tunnels so that you can explore what ever you want/whenever you want...doing this will make the game more interesting ;)

10. Skaara Dreadlocks

You mean like an open-world game? That'd be cool, yes, but then we'd have to wait one or perhaps two more years for it to be released, unfortunately.

11. VanillaToshi

I think a free roam game should be made seperately. It would be quite hard for them to make it though since the Metro is like 300km. The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim world is only like 22-25 miles although they wouldn't have to worry too much about view distances n shit because you spend most of your time underground and the surface is a city.

12. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

It could be possible when the rest of GSC team that worked on Stalker, would join 4A games and made a game like Stalker in the Moscow Metro. It could be epic, mixing the best of both games. Unfortunetly never going to happen.

13. princemubz007

yes thats true, but lets just wish they have already made freeroam ;)

14. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I don't mind the linearity of the game, as long as we are given more levels like Frontline (where it's open-ended gameplay within a linear environment). A free roam game where you play as Artyom would not be a good idea, because the narrative would suffer greatly from it. However, a completely new game set in the same world could be made as sandbox - but we'd have to have a new story and new characters to make it work.

15. VanillaToshi

I'm sure i've read somewhere that some of the guys who worked on STALKER also worked on Metro.

I also agree with Bamul the character would have to be different if it did happen but I love Metro the way it is.

16. princemubz007

they should make more stealth missions like frontline...well i think they already have because last light is mainly about stealth killing e.g. the demo gameplay

17. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yes, MOAR STEALTH! xD

18. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

And moar ghosts n stuff!

#18 Hoenkoper, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2012
  19. princemubz007

ye, there should be more ghosts e.g. dark ones

20. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I'm hoping for multiple endings, like in STALKER.