How many screens do you have?

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by Potatoman, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Potatoman

Potatoman Member
    Regular

I'd love a double screen but unfortunately I only have the one. How many screens do you guys have? I've seen people with five screen for a crazy and incredible gaming experience

2. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I only have one and I think it's already enough because I update my PC unit every three years to keep up with the latest technology in gaming. My video card and RAM collection has now filled my shelf that's supposed to be for books.

3. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Just one at the moment, an HP w2007. I'm about to change it soon by the way but I will surely buy another one I think.

4. West

West Well-Known Member
    Regular

Two screens! One is a 1080p monitor, the other is a cheap office monitor that I grabbed for $20 at a garage sale. I really enjoy having two monitors, if only for the ability to multitask.

5. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I only have one because that's just about what I can handle. Anything more and my poor eyes are completely lost.

6. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I only have one screen. One is enough for me for now. But this December gonna upgrade my PC and buy new screen so I can have two screens.

7. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

I have two, I don't use them all but it's quite useful for watching something on it though.

8. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

I had two, but I removed the other one after I noticed it was really distracting. Even for development purposes, I found that even though I spread out my programs between monitors, ultimately, the efficiency was barely an improvement. It just looked cool for people visiting my work space. Otherwise, pretty useless.

9. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well I have two monitors set up on my main computer and going, usually only using one though. And then I have an old laptop set up as well on my desk I use to run odd things. I usually only have two going at a time though;

10. jamesbonner

jamesbonner Active Member
    Regular

lol I only have one screen and it's largely enough for me ! why do I need 5 screens while I can only play one game at time ! I think that people are crazy !

11. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

Dual screens for me. Nothing super fancy since they're office monitors that I pilfered from my old workplace that was gonna toss them out. I like the multitasking they allow.

12. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am currently using two screens. I use the screen of a computer for playing and the television for watching movies and TV series.

13. midorisour

midorisour Active Member
    Regular

A guildie of mine in GW2 has 3 monitors and suggested that having more then 1 monitor would be helpful.

So I hooked up an old monitor I wasn't using and now I use one for the game and the other for the looking up stuff, referencing for achievements, jump puzzles, and the World Boss Timer on Dulfy. I am so glad I did it, cause it was the BEST thing EVER. :D

14. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Just one at the moment but I'm thinking of buying 2 extra ones. I do a lot of programming and binge-watching series so having more than one screen might be pretty helpful.

15. Bannon

Bannon Active Member
    Regular

I've got one though I occasionally turn my TV into a 2nd one but not for gaming use. I would have a proper 2nd screen though since I feel like I'm at a point in my computer use where a second screen would help me immensely in whether its gaming, browsing, or working.

16. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

1 at the moment, since I'm not a programmer and don't need the multitasking facility that much, but I might consider a second due to the fact I watch a lot of TV series and if I want them to keep me busy whilst taking a glance over my internet homework, it's going to be better than only hearing the sound I suppose.

17. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

Only one, but my programming projects are starting to get bigger and bigger so I think it might be useful to actually get one of those long ass monitors for code. As far as multi-monitor gaming goes, I don't really care about that. Maybe there will be a game in the future that will change my mind, but so far, I like it this way.

18. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member
    Regular

I just have one and am perfectly content with it. Idk, I feel like multiple screens would give me an anneurism. Just not for me.

19. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

@HalfBeard I kind of agree. Unless you're a programmer or intend to be one, you don't need more than one.

20. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

Only one monitor for gaming. However, I do have two monitors at work, and I'm so spoiled by it! I'm considering the need to do that at home.