HELP NEEDED - Matching Soundtrack Songs With Names

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by Keavon, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Keavon

Keavon Well-Known Member

Creating a Metro 2033 Soundtrack

I'm working on putting together a soundtrack. This thread was for matching songs with names, but that help is no longer needed. Stay tuned!

#1 Keavon, Feb 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2013
  2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I wish I could help with this, but my PC is pretty much off-limits for now. I've been using different computers to surf the web in the last few days since my PC is partially broken.

3. Crossing

Crossing Well-Known Member

I do like the music, sometime next week I'll have time to help with this, busy weekend.

4. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

I'll try to help this weekend since I've been searching for a soundtrack of the game. I would have thought someone would have done this by now since the game is like 2 years old.

5. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

Its your decision, but I'd call them what the wiki calls them, just for consistency.

It'll be great to have a true soundtrack.

6. Keavon

Keavon Well-Known Member

That's what I said. I'm asking for croudsourced help on matching them with the songs on the Wiki, so we can call them the Wiki names for consistency. We will name the ones not on the wiki what we come up with and vote is best by the community.

7. Skaara Dreadlocks

I really don't see how I'm able to help you in matching the songs in your playlist with the ones on the Wiki, sorry.
    But if we do end up making our own names for some of the songs, I suggest that the name is in relation to what happens in the game when the song is being played.

8. straytor

straytor Member

1 - alpha-battle-master
    2 - alpha-explore-master (Wiki - Missiles are Flying)
    3 - anthesteria-hair
    4 - Anthesteria - Stereguschiy
    5 - Ambient 1
    6 - Ambient 3 (Wiki - The Tower)
    7 - Didge
    8 - Dustburn
    9 - Gyer
    10 - Yan2
    11 - dark_start_1
    12 - 4a-hospital (Wiki - By Land, Home)
    13 - 4a-liftup
    14 - combat_02_fx_01_loop
    15 - combat_02_fx_loop
    16 - combat_03_fx_loop
    17 - darkambmetro-01 (Youtube - Dark Ambient 1)
    18 - darkambmetro-02 (Youtube - Dark Ambient 2)
    19 - Demo 1
    20 - Demo 4
    21 - draka (Wiki - Trolley Combat)
    22 - driving-01 (Youtube - Toxic)
    23 - l17_cutscene (Wiki - Ulman and Pavel)
    24 - library_demo (Wiki - Bad News)
    25 - oldstyle (Wiki - Propaganda Tune)
    26 - polysangar (Wiki - Lost Tunnels)
    27 - polyshall
    28 - polyshall-01
    29 - suscombat-02
    30 - suscombat-02-tmp_intro
    31 - suscombat-02-tmp_loop
    32 - suscombat-02_loud
    33 - suscombat-03
    34 - theme_1 (Wiki - Dead City)
    35 - theme_2
    36 - theme_3 (Wiki - Hope)
    37 - theme_4a_loop (Wiki - The Chase)
    38 - transition_1
    39 - transition_2
    40 - transition_3
    41 - transition_5

maybe 7 - Anthesteria - The Vault
    maybe 8 - Anthesteria - Epistel
    maybe 9 - 4a-darkamb

9. Keavon

Keavon Well-Known Member

Great job! May I ask how you know the names of the songs before the (Wiki) or (Youtube) names? Are those the filenames? If they are the filenames, how did you find them? The way I extracted them doesn't preserve the filenames. How did you extract them, if you did?

#9 Keavon, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
  10. straytor

straytor Member

I used Unpacker from here code.google.com/p/metro2033-tools/

#10 straytor, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
  11. Keavon

Keavon Well-Known Member

Oh, that makes things a lot easier. Thanks for that. I wish you had posted it on my thread asking how to unpack them a few weeks ago!

12. Keavon

Keavon Well-Known Member

So, should we use the filenames and metadata names for the songs, or their Wiki names? The file names seem more official. For example, Market is actually called Blues in the files, but most people know it's called Market. Should we name the track "Blues (Market)"?

#12 Keavon, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
  13. Keavon

Keavon Well-Known Member

I'm wondering why some of the songs have metadata tagging them as "Sublustrum OST". Are the songs in that game too? Or were they originally for Sublustrum but instead were put to use in Metro 2033?

Should we retag them as Metro 2033 Soundtrack?

14. straytor

straytor Member

yes, some stuff from Anthesteria's previous albums is actually playing in-game, and i think wiki tags would be more legit. Tracks such as "Steregushiy"(part of Anthesteria - Gunka-Kalinka) and "Hair" are not in-game i think, but they could be added as bonus. Same for the "Alone", "One step to the horizon" and "Don't Forget", these tracks are made by Anthesteria feat. Fox, and included in Anthesteria unofficial M2033 ost (rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2549423), so they could be added as bonus too

#14 straytor, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013
  15. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

You could have two folders: one for all the stuff that plays in-game and a second one for anything else that is long enough, but did not appear in the game. :)

16. Keavon

Keavon Well-Known Member

I don't know the game enough to tell which one is in game or not, so I will need the community's help. However, I don't think that this is necessary. Most soundtracks include songs not in the game. Perhaps they could be ordered more near the end, however. Speaking of order, I think we should order them like this:
    Mostly in order of when you experience them in-game, plus order the others somewhat randomly but in order of what they are like. That way if you like the upbeat music, you can skip to that kind, but if you want the horror music, you can skip to that part.

Speaking of Steregushiy, does that mean anything? I renamed it Steregushchy, which is the proper spelling of the Russian battleship called that. Is this correct? Or should I revert it back to the original spelling?

Also, how do we determine the artists of each song? Most of the songs are in folders with the name of the artist, but there are a few songs that are not marked.

Finally, what do we do with Beethoven's Symphony #9? Is that in the game? Should we include it in the soundtrack? It's in the files, but doesn't really fit...

17. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Well, the original original spelling would be "стерегущий". This would be pronounced more or less like "styeryegooshchiy", I think. Apparently, it means "vigilant" or "on guard".

18. straytor

straytor Member

like i said before, "Steregushchy" is a part of the track named "Gunka-Kalinka" from the album "Dedicated to the Russo-Japanese War 1904-1905"(and yes it means an old russian battleship(destroyer) that fought and died in this war.) and actually it's just another version of old russian song "Gibel minonostza Steregushchiy"(The death of Steregushchy destroyer) It's spiritually close to church/sparta chants theme and could be placed beside.
    those folders are made by devs and things are little messy there. I may be wrong, but i highly doubt that 100% of tracks in omelchuk folder are not Anthesteria's. I guess it would be better to artist each track like VA or Metro 2033 soundtrack...
    I don't know, maybe it could be included somehow... you know, a little like those classic things in Kubrick's odyssey or valkyries in apocalipse now:)

#18 straytor, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
  19. Keavon

Keavon Well-Known Member

Okay. I'll switch it back to the old spelling. The second library track is called this:

Can somebody translate that or give me a basic idea of what it means? Google Translate isn't any help.

20. straytor

straytor Member

на всякий случай, it means "just in case". "Library" and "Library2" are like Hard tension and tension versions of the same theme