Has anyone seen the Warcraft movie?

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by Azrile, Jun 15, 2016.

1. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

At the end of the movie they are still under the control of that orc mage. So many times in the movie they had the chance to rebel against him on large scale. No one but less than a handful actually tried. That did not go well.

2. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

As I said, I went into some lore the movie didn't cover, it didn't get that far into the story.

3. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

Since the thread is about the Warcraft movie, so the story for me had gone as far as the movie went. I never played World of Warcraft beyond the free trial, so excuse me for not knowing more of the storyline in the game. :)

4. Nytegeek

Regular

Yikes, and there isn't even a free trial anymore so that must have been some time ago!

5. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

Are you sure? Just a few months ago I saw the ads of "Play World of Warcraft for free up to level 40".

Yes, my free trial was many years ago. It was a 14-day trial. And I did not even play the 14 days before I decided it was nothing new compare to what I have played in Lineage 2.

6. Nytegeek

Regular

It's 20 and it's not a trial, it is open to anyone up to level 20 with restrictions.

7. justinsimpsons

justinsimpsons New Member

I've seen the movie and I thought it was very nice. Some of the acting was a little sub par and some characters seem to have more lines than they should etc. Other than those little things, the movie is a great, great adaptation of the game universe. They very purposefully put little easter eggs in for fans of the games, showing very consistent places and environments with WoW. The fight scenes between the orcs are the best action sequences I've seen this year, which is why I recommend it.

8. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well this is one of those movies that I would just rather avoid. I think that it would be a little embarrassing, because if I cannot go into it with a serious face then I know that I will not get anything out of it. I am not sure that I have ever even seen the case or seen it on TV anytime either though, so I am not sure where you would find it.

9. Nytegeek

Regular

There was a lot of hype over it. It was advertised in all the normal ways one would expect. It was released to theaters June 10 and is still playing. I don't see why you would be embarrassed by it unless you have some odd hang ups about gaming.

10. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member
    Regular

I watched it and it was okay but if you don't have any knowledge of the game you might be a little thrown off by the characters. I feel like they should have spent more time developing them instead of focusing on CGI.

11. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member
    Regular

IMDb usеrs hаvе rаtеd it 7.9/10 (Wаrсrаft (2016) - Usеr rаtings) whiсh tо mе is а vеry high nоtе.
    аnd I аgrее with it, аlthоugh I think а lоt оf it соmеs frоm fаndоm. I wеnt tо sее it with my husbаnd, аnd hе’s fаllеn аslееp (аlsо bесаusе it wаs а lаtе night sсrееning ;) but it shоws, сlеаrly, thаt it dоеsn’t hоld thаt muсh wеight fоr sоmеоnе whо’s nеw tо thе frаnсhisе.
    But I likеd it, еvеn thоugh it wаs grаdеd 12, аnd in linе with thаt thе diаlоguеs wеrе suitаblе fоr tееnаgеrs, аlthоugh sоmе visuаls wеrе tоо strоng fоr сhildrеn in my оpiniоn (nесk brеаking аnyоnе?).
    аnywаy, it hаs likеаblе сhаrасtеrs, grеаt visuаls, flаwlеss аnd vеry imprеssivе сGI, аnd оnе thing thаt will mаkе а сhаngе in thе сinеmаtоgrаphy: Hоw bаttlе mаgiс is prеsеntеd.

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member
    Regular

Movie based games, or games based on movies never seem to work all that well in my opinion for some reason, and that seems to be the case with this as well. There as certainly been mixed reviews shall we say, but that isn't great surprise because I'm not sure that a Warcraft movie was ever going to work.

Fans of Warcraft would always feel disappointed, and those that have never played won't understand the movie so it was always going to be a risk I think.

13. Benoit W

Benoit W Well-Known Member
    Regular

Wаrсrаft wаs а gооd mоviе. Is it а grеаt mоviе? аbsоlutеly nоt. Thе сritiсs аrе соrrесt with thе аnаlysis. Thе mоviе is pооrly pасеd. Thе аnimаtiоn is gооd but nоt еxсiting. Thе mоviе саn bе соnfusing if yоu’rе nоt inсrеdibly fаmiliаr with thе lоrе. Thе lоvе stоry is соnfusing. Fоr Blizzаrd’s high stаndаrds, this wаs lасking
    Nоnе оf thаt mаttеrs. Thе primаry оbjесtivе оf thе Wаrсrаft mоviе is tо gеt thе fаn bаsе еxсitеd еnоugh tо wаtсh Wаrсrаft: Tidеs оf Dаrknеss аnd tо grееnlight thе rеst оf thе frаnсhisе. Thе mоviе wаs gооd еnоugh tо асhiеvе thаt.

pwarbi likes this.
  14. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think that's pretty much what I was saying, and people was always going to be disappointed I think. Film lovers thought it was average because they didn't understand the game, gamers thought it as average because it didn't bring across the exact elements of the game that they liked, so right from the start the producers had a hard job on their hands.