Got a question for the 4A Development team? Ask here!

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by THQvagrantscout, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THQvagrantscout

THQvagrantscout Well-Known Member

Hello my fellow Metro Community members! If you haven't yet guessed, I am the THQ Community Manager for the Metro franchise and I am here to help answer any questions you may have regarding Metro: Last Light. So please, ask any game development related questions in this thread and I will do my best to get your questions answered in a timely manner. A few things to remember:

1. I will not be able to answer all the questions raised in this thread... like any other company releasing a new product, some information will be under tight wraps until a specific date
    2. PLEASE review this thread for similar questions BEFORE you post yours... repeating questions will only add confusion
    3. ONLY ask questions in this thread...I will begin another thread with answers once those begin to roll in

I have limited contact with the dev team so I won't be sending them a list of questions every day...probably more like once a week. Me sending questions doesn't mean the dev team will answer them or even provide the answer you are hoping for...but they have promised to communicate back what they can when they can. Remember that patience is a virtue and if you promise to show us a little patience I will reward you with information and honesty.

Finally, I reserve the right to amend the above for any reason...so stay on my good side :D

Ask away!

Joe @ THQ

2. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

Guess I'll get the ball rolling... Also, I never got to welcome you, so welcome to this fine little niche of veteran fans! Anyways, I will start with the part of the demo that worried me the most - Is the combat knife a selectable slot this time around, or a button-press action? Thank you sir!

3. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

I'm sure were all wondering when 4a will release another demo or trailer on the game or it's features. It's been quite some time now, Even some new screenshots would be welcome.

4. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Will there be a Ranger Hardcore mode, and will the difficulty remain as high (and as good) as it was in Metro 2033? Thank you. :)

5. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

In the demo theres is destructable environment, will it be and advanced type one(i.e. like bad company2 but thats too much) or a normal one like shooting through thin walls,destroying them, shooting through other destructable stuff.

6. Mediaprobe

Mediaprobe Well-Known Member

Is there going to be a graphical overhaul? the 2033 graphics were lovely to me but other people think its bad. so any changes apart from some odd texture detail in the demo?

7. THQvagrantscout

Getting some good questions so far...remember, I will collect questions and submit them to the development team once a week (typically on Monday morning so they don't get buried by weekend mail). Keep up the good work...

8. Shade

Shade Member

Are you adding more RPG elements (I am referring to exploration of areas, multiple paths, hidden treasures, inventory)?
    Who's the composer of the soundtrack? (Big soundtrack listener here and I have to admit some of the tracks I extracted from Metro 2033 were breathtaking and atmospheric).

Also: since I want to be a concept artist one day and I draw a lot (here you can check some fan arts: www[dot]lastlightforum[dot]com/showthread.php?p=7683#post7683) will you release more concept arts?

I am sure you are doing a great work!
    Thanks for your time,

Cheers,
    Shade

9. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

1) Will there be any Easter Eggs, Metro 2033 didn't many except the Prostitute :lol: iirc, Similar to Gears 3 where there were quite a few amazing and funny ones.

2) Will the bullet currency be improved?

3) Will there be more ways for the enemy to be alerted to you, with the exception of stepping on broken glass or being visible in the light?

4) Are you introducing any female rangers? Russian females kick ass!

5) How will PhysX be improved? Metro was heavily criticised by PhysX Info for not having advances in PhysX compared to Batman AC and AA.

6) When buying or selling amo will it be better explained? In 2033 you wouldn't know which amo the gun belonged to?

7) In the E3 demo the AI looked pretty dumbed down. Was that intentional?

8) Will LL be linear like 2033, or will there be more rpg elements and room for exploration? (Edit Shade beat me to that question, well in there) :)

9) Will there be different type of gas masks found on the surface, buildings, sewers, metro tunnel? Civilian gas masks, ranger gas masks, communist gas masks and nazi gas masks, all which have different design styles and physical attributes? For example a ranger mask can take filters which last longer and are less prone to damage from mutant attacks?

- That's it for now :D

#9 majnu, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
  10. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

Another question, the option interface for graphics was not that user friendly, will the player be able to moddify it as he sees best?

11. SwordBreaker

SwordBreaker Active Member

one question for all:

will there be a level editor to create maps/missions by fans?

12. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I know it's probably too early to ask that question,but...are the pc system requirements going to be the same?

13. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

It's a metro game, so 8x GTX 690's and 5 i7 3960X's might run it on medium-high.

In all seriousness, the videos we have all seen were being ran on a 590. That might give you an idea.

Oh and here is my question:
    1) What is the possibility of opening a metro/4a themed merchandise store. I want to get my hands on some metro and 4a swag.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#13 Spitfire, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2012
  14. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

If there will be an upcoming closed beta, do we get access to it :D? if there will be co-op or multiplayer :D? the singleplayer would be more important tho, love the story

15. THQvagrantscout

Just delivered my first set of questions to the development team for answers...no ETA yet on when those will be returned but I will stay on top of it for y'all (yes, I am feeling "country" today). Last question submitted for the first round was from Keegan83 on 3/30.

Keep your questions rolling in and I will submit them next Tuesday.

Cheers!

Joe @ THQ

16. THQvagrantscout

This one I can answer directly: Probably pretty slim.

However, I will be creating a number of different merchandise items for community contest prizing and giveaways. Those should probably hold you over for a while ;)

No, I don't yet know what I will be making or when they will be completed. Yes, they will be very super fun awesome time amazing.

17. Shade

Shade Member

Thank you very much! looking forward to the anwesrs!

18. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Thanks Joe. Looking forward to the answers. Here are my next batch:

1) The moral system in 2033 was something of an unknown discovery for many.

I was playing fable and acts of goodness gained you moral points which were easily distinguishable through sounds, tool tips and on screen instructions. However Fable is a RPG and would probably take away from the intensity of Metro if it was to adopt the same system.

So are Moral Points going to be explained better in Last Light or will they remain vague with a psychotic flash only system?

2) Related to the question about the Moral system. Will there be an alternative ending in LL depending on the acts of goodness or wickedness you perform throughout the game?

3) In 2033 for example before Arytom and Bourbon entered the "Market" ( lost catacombs chapter) they had a conversation with the guards. However, when I shot the guards they fired back and killed Bourbon and the chapter ended. Will LL have alternative paths in the game will take if I make decisions like the above or will it but strictly linear with it's role play elements.

#18 majnu, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2012
  19. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

1) Yeah, it would be good to make the moral choices a little more obvious, but not too much like an RPG. So I second that question.

2) There have been rumours about changing the bullet-money system. Is this going to change? (I hope not!)

20. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Maybe make it a little bit easier to understand, it was a little bit confusing on my first gameplay...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.