FOV too high?

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by DarkDrifter, May 24, 2013.

1. DarkDrifter

DarkDrifter New Member

I launched up the game after not playing for a few months and noticed that me FOV was set too high. It's at the point that you can see inside of your arms and everything looks messed up. I looked at the cfg file, and saw it was set to 75. I tried changing it to 50 (the default is 45) but when the games start's it changes it back. I've tried making the file read only, although it no longer switches back it seems to ignore the setting. I've tried setting the cfg in both the app data and install folders. I've set my nVidia options to default. I've also tried re-downloading the entire game. I'm not sure what else to try, any help would be great.

2. DarkDrifter

DarkDrifter New Member

I seem to have found the issue. What ever I change in the app data user.cfg gets reverted at the start of the game. When I make the file read only it still seems to ignore it. The one in the install folder stays the same. Any idea why the app data one would reset?

3. ildamos

ildamos Member

Try making it read only. Unfortunately, I can't seem to make my FOV settings stick either --- I'm stuck at 45. Try the read only fix; it might work for you though.

4. DarkDrifter

DarkDrifter New Member

I've tried that, but it seems to ignore any of the changes anyway. I almost wish it was stuck back at 45. The game would be a hole lot more playable than it is now.

5. ildamos

ildamos Member

Ah dang. This is the time to call for HELLLLLLLLLLLP!

Anyone?

(45 isn't too bad on my GeForce 650 TI Boost: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htvl51ChsT8 but I'm awfully curious how the game would feel with FOV 60-70.)

6. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Have you tried chaning it in your "Program Files/4A games" aswell?

7. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

you need to change it in c:/user/whateveryourusernameis/AppData/Local/4A Games/MetroLL/whateveritis/user.cfg
    line r_base_fov whichever number you want. mine is set at 65.

8. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

please ignore the post, this is for Last light and not 2033. my fault. :eek:

9. ildamos

ildamos Member

No problem man.

I already changed the "sick_fov" setting in both files under these folders:

\AppData\Local\4A Games\Metro 2033
    Steam\steamapps\common\Metro 2033

to 60. I've made them into read-only ones so the game won't revert the settings. The game runs fine but doesn't apply the altered FOV. After I play I check the config files the the fov settings show 60 still.

I'm confused. :(

10. ildamos

ildamos Member

11. Rushnerd

Rushnerd Member

One of the hardest things to find out about the game, still annoys me. It's not so bad that you have to change/read-only three different files, but you'll find loads of misinformation ALL over the web as to just change one or two. Took me a loooong time to get the FOV/Vsync (and when needed windowed)fix!

I personally think the default FoV on 2033 is an absolute joke for PC users, it nearly impossible to use because it's so unnaturally zoomed in! Last Light luckly is even more friendly with FoV changes and not clipping through Artyom's arms.

12. SimonTessem

SimonTessem Member

This sucks.