Final PC system requirements for Metro: Last Light

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion & Support' started by Professor Pew, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

Never trust CYRI. Said my cousin couldn't run Terraria. Yes Terraria...

2. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Same question.

3. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Terraria best game ever

4. Crossing

Crossing Well-Known Member

67 hours later, still not anywhere done with it.

5. Goner

Goner Member

Well, I pre-ordered LL this afternoon ... CYRI says I can run on minimum, that's what I was hoping for when 4A 'promised' that if Metro:2033 ran OK on your rig, playing LL was (just) possible.
    [​IMG]
    If not, I'll just have to buy a new PC :D

6. Stannis Baratheon

Stannis Baratheon Active Member

I did the CYRI test for my laptop, and im right in between minimum and recommended. Now before you scream at me for having a gaming laptop its not my primary gaming device, mostly i will be playing on my desktop. Anyway I have a gtx 675m in it and that is the only thing holding me back from recommended. I don't know how to paste the results in spoilers, or i would(if anyone wants to tell me how, i would be much obliged) my question is, how will the game look on it? The laptop is an alienware m18x in case that matters, it was a gift.

7. Skaara Dreadlocks

When you're going to post your post, you can either click "Post Quick Reply" or "Go Advanced". If you Go Advanced, you will have a lot of tools over the black box where you write your text. The button to the right closest to the smileys named "spo" is the spiler-tag. Clicking the button generates [SPOILER.] and [/SPOILER.] (without the periods. I just had to put in periods there in order to not actually make a spoiler-thingy) around whatever you have marked in your text. In this case, you'll be having those two tags around your image-tags which are around the image-link ;)

8. Stannis Baratheon

Stannis Baratheon Active Member

Thanks!

I think that worked. Well guys/girls, how will the laptop run it? Any advice on what i should enable/disable?

ETA: ok so the img link didnt work, so i just linked the url, i think if you click on it it should give my information. Sorry, im slow at this stuff.

#48 Stannis Baratheon, May 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2013
  9. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

try running with dx 11 off and shadows at medium.

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Skaara, if you're ever unsure about your PC's specs, then just click on the Start button and search for "dxdiag" (without the quotes, obviously) and run it. It will tell you a lot about your PC if you are unsure about what's inside it, although it doesn't tell you what motherboard you have. If you ever need to find that out, I guess you could just open up your PC or launch BIOS.

11. Goner

Goner Member

Install PC Wizard, it will list everything that's in your PC ; mother board, video card, memory, speeds, frequencies, temperatures, drivers, versions ...

It's on cpuid.com but I'm not allowed to post URLs :eek:hwell:

#51 Goner, May 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2013
  12. SamPlaysPC

SamPlaysPC New Member

I get 60 FPS w/ Vsync using a GTX 670

Hey I get a solid 60fps with VSync and recording with Fraps... If you wan't to see the 'evidence' for whatever reason, go to my youtube channel 'SamPlayPC' and its up there, these are my pc specs:
    intel i7 3770k
    palit Nvidia Geforce GTX 670
    16gb DDR3 RAM
    2TB SATA Hard drive
    Windows 8

Thanks, this is my first post to the forum :p

13. Arvis

Arvis Member

Minimum requirements are actually surprisingly low (not talking about optimum requirements, that's a different story). But you can really enjoy the game on quite high graphics settings as long as you disable PhysX setting.
    I could play on almost high settings with 25-35 FPS with Intel dual core E5300, 2GB RAM and ASUS 9800GT 512MB (PhysX setting turned off of course)