Fan fiction

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by Fan2033, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Fan2033

Fan2033 Member

Hi im writing a small book on metro it mostly non canon just something to enjoy whilst waiting for metro 2035 if your interested ill update this post when needed

(This part of the forum says anything related so i can post this here right? im new)

NOTE: im not a writer just a fan of metro. Im back post some of my book in the morning

#1 Fan2033, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2014
  2. I vote for this to stay.

Go ahead, we'll try to offer criticism and advice to the best of our ability (Which isn't very high, but hey).

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I think it can stay here. I'd be interested in reading it, since I already wrote a book set in the world of M2033 (also non-canon, considering it takes place in a fictional city) though I haven't uploaded it anywhere yet. And it's in Polish... so there's that.

4. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

I've been a writing tutor for about a year now and this is the style of writing I enjoy most, so I'd be happy to take a look at it for critique or simply for pleasure, if you'd like. Keep it here.

5. Skaara Dreadlocks

Well, unfortunately we don't have anything to wait for because 2035 is already out :p
    And I've always been thinking that this forum generally is for the game and the book, but what the hey, where else should he post it? :D

6. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

I like to think I give good critique. And it's not like there's much else going on here, anyways.

7. Fan2033

Fan2033 Member

2035 is out? just 2034 this month in the uk

8. Fan2033

Fan2033 Member

Ill keep working on it

My original idea was something like some of the dark ones wanted to fight instead of peace not sure if thats what i want to do right now what do you's think?.

9. Skaara Dreadlocks

I think all Dark Ones are united, so if some wanted to fight back, they'd all fight back. Buuuut I'm just guessing.

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Metro 2035 is not out yet, even though we had official sources (including the game Metro: Last Light itself, as you probably remember) ages ago claiming that it was scheduled for December 2013. New sources suggest that the book will be out near the end of 2014. Whether that happens or it gets pushed back even further is another matter altogether, but it certainly hasn't been released yet. :)

Well, you can do whatever you want really since it is not canon. However, if you'd like to make it as canon-friendly as possible, then the idea of the Dark Ones choosing to wipe out the human race seems a bit far-fetched. :p Nevertheless, even with all of the exposition from two games and two novels, the Dark Ones are still really enigmatic. I guess that's what makes them so interesting, but still there is plenty of narrative potential in exploring more of what that is all about - assuming you could replace the mystery surrounding the Dark Ones with a fascinating story. ;)

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

Yeeeeeah, I realized that today when I was reading the thread about Metro 2034 being released in English over again. Must've mixed the two of them.

12. Fan2033

Fan2033 Member

dark ones

I think that if i can explore the dark ones like you say i think it would work ill make some concepts for that see what it sounds like.

13. Fan2033

Fan2033 Member

Im taking a couple of days off working on this just to listen to metro 2034 incase there is anything important to know sorry ill be as quick as i can and ill paste a bit of my book into the thread when i get back to it

14. Fan2033

Fan2033 Member

Accident

I accidently deleted chapter 1 so im stuck with V2 which is in no state to show yet sorry :mad:

15. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yeah, don't rush it. :)