Faction Pack discussion

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by The Gusten, Jul 16, 2013.

?

Which mission was your favorite?

1. Reich heavy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Red sniper

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  3. Kshatriya

39 vote(s)
    95.1%
  1. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

umm you've added polls to a thread before as well..

2. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hehe^^
    Nice Gif, fits perfectly for an answer of idiotic posts in Forums:D

3. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

"Thread tools" - "Add poll to this thread"...

4. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Reich was simply abysmal. At least in Call of Duty they know how to program a set-piece that makes you feel like an action hero, instead of a a guy surrounded by invincible idiots and being swarmed by hundreds of enemies that somebody forgot to program how to miss a shot every once in a while. It never really explains the situation or even how to take on the enemies very well. (So shoot the tank gun; the one on top shooting missiles that seem to do no damage half the time and insta-kill me the other half, or the machine gunner that hits you through walls with every other shot?) I looked up Komodo's guide since he's usually pretty good at figuring out the "correct" way to do things, but I was disappointed to find out that I wasn't actually missing anything, I just needed to continue my usual strategy of lobbing grenades at the tank until it ended.

The Sniper missions was pretty good fun. It didn't present much (if any) of a challenge other than navigation, but the level itself was really well designed and simply gorgeous, and the bullet drop and travel time on the already-badass sniper were a fantastic touch that really made me feel, well, badass. It did what it set out to do, unlike the Reich mission.

The Ranger mission was easily the creme of the crop. I was absolutely giddy when I realized how much I had in front of me to freely explore, and the sense of persistence that returning to the base gave it......combine that with the fact that you had to carefully manage resources, prioritize what you needed, and the fact that it actually managed to make scavenging rewarding while simultaneously making shop purchases a necessity is a balance that I feel was never quite so perfectly struck with either of the Metro games. Quite possibly one of the best Metro missions I've every played, period. Everything about it, from the level of detail and random events, to the hints it gave you at the beginning that really made me feel like I was starting something awesome and truly challenging (in a rewarding way, not the Reich way), to the little special moments like looking out the window into the thunderstorm while a soldier played somber, beautiful piano music in the next room, just.......man, that was easily worth the price of admission alone.

It's a shame that Ranger mode got gimped even further, what with the crazy difficulty spike in the Reich mission and the fact that you can't see prices or manage your inventory in the Ranger mission.

5. It's only hard until you have figured out the right way to do it. Just like Metro 2033 stealth. Sneaking through an Outpost without killing anyone or raising an alarm was "impossible" as well.

Plus it has a separate weapon for each enemy type: Gatling for footsoldiers, Volt Driver for marksmen/shields, Medved for the tank. It's even explained by your teammates.

6. Lost Cipher

Lost Cipher Member

Kshatriya is the standout!

In part my registration to these forums is to let the developers know how amazing that piece of DLC was. I am a massive fan of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R franchise. To put it simply, aside from Misery or one or two mods... no other gaming experience has reminded me of the joy I felt when playing each STALKER game for the first time.

If we do get a sequel, which I hope. I would encourage the developers to go the route of Kshatriya. We have had Artyom's story, now is the time for an unknown Scavenger/Soldier/Stalker thrown out into a large open world irrespective of a tale about saving the Metro. And instead a story about surviving on one's own wits and abilities.

7. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

is it me or does the Gas mask filter go nuts when you go outside in the stalker mission,
    also i thought i would share my first gos experiance with you guys

i walked out the gate and was immediatly eaten

8. Potarto

I did manage to pick up on that, although I kept thinking the whole time, "The tank is armored. I've got an anti-armor weapon. Shoot the gun. I see a machine gun shooting at me, maybe I should shoot the gunner." It's not really dysfunctional as a mission persay, but it's frustratingly difficult (especially for us filthy console peasants) and seems really rushed together. If it wasn't for the hitmarkers accompanying normal modes, I would have never thought that the grenade launcher would have beaten the tank. (maybe it's just my FPS instinct saying that grenade launchers don't do jack shit to tanks, and the fact that it was an anti-armor rifle that killed the tank in the campaign)

9. TotalAaron

whos the guy who said reich was the best one cmon i will fiight you!

10. You need NBC/Hazmat suit to go to certain areas, otherwise your filters will burn out in seconds. It only works in this mini-game though, in Artyom's campaign you get that when you walk out of bounds regardles of your suit.

Come at me, bro.

[​IMG]

11. TotalAaron

why would you do that?

12. Because I've found a proper way to beat it with 100% success and it's freaking fun. I mean come on.

And it's much better done than the D6 battle.

I also dig Reich design and the fact that they have the best idea out of all factions so far.

:pop2:

13. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

whoever voted Reich heavy needs to be banned from these forums. :shocked: :D

14. Heavygunner

Heavygunner Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think we all agree to ban Komodo :D

The other Mission are better but the Reich Mission isn't that bad. I like it...because you playin as a Heavygunner and Heavygunners are Awesome!!!
    Ah and you have a good designed Minigun and Minigunzzzz are Aweseome as well.^^

Kshatryia is still my Favourite.

#54 Heavygunner, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2013
  15. TotalAaron

Technology or ideology? (that speech was preety damn good)

16. The general plan for the future.

Nazi controlled stations are some of the safest ones in the Metro, but are facing impending doom due to aging population and lack of food. Nazis face extinction without expansion, Metro faces extinction without a unified government and law. Fourth Reich prefers highly trained soldiers that aren't numerous as opposed to Red Line zerg rush of forcefully conscripted citizens. Hans "Diesel" Ubermensch singlehandedly takes out more than a hundred of them.

And at least they issuied matching uniforms to everyone in 2033.

They are a lot like Sparta because of that too.

17. Potarto

You need to stop toying with our emotions like this.

18. kilo_bravo

kilo_bravo Member

ranger level is diffidently the best 8/10 but when i think that they could of made the ranger level better instead of making the other two 10/10

also just to add i had a bug on the ranger level where i tried to swap for the hellsing and it put it in the third slot (on ranger mode) so i couldn't use it at all

EDIT: also i wish we could use our DLC weapons

#58 kilo_bravo, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
  19. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

I think deep down, that happened to everyone

20. TotalAaron

my mum (mom to you american fiends) got angry when the first liberian (who are bloody invincable) came into view :eek: