Enterthemetro.com concerns

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Concerns' started by Komodo Saurian, May 24, 2012.

1. Enter the metro got it's own "official" forum. What about this one?

2. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

I had the same thoughts.

3. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Me too. Especially the fact that Joe seems to control that one, perhapse not wasting more time on this forum :(

4. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Ranger_of_the_new_world Well-Known Member

I dont see why they cant use this forum as oficial, because now people are gonna post on the oficial forum and only few will know that there is a different forum

5. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter. If you Google last light forum the top hit still directs you here.

Enter the Metro forum is nowhere to be seen and tbh it makes LL sound like another game when LL is the official name not Enter The Metro.

6. Luster

Luster Well-Known Member

Not particularly concerned about the official forum. We will still operate as the #1 unofficial fansite for Metro: Last Light. :)

7. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Great. I thought you may have closed the forum. I understand how hard it can be to build a forum community so I will stick around for the long run. :D

8. KhansGotKarma

KhansGotKarma Well-Known Member

We Will Survive!

9. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

like the citizens in the metro, we will survive at all costs, I'm sure.

10. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

Why doesn't someone ask THQvagrantscout about it?

11. I did a few times, he seems to skip my posts on the Facebook and he has a thread on the MLL2 forums redirecting here: [CLICK ME]

12. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hmm, that seems a bit random... well, we'll see how things go. We don't want a problem with their forum, and I'm sure THQVagrantScout doesn't want one with us. Remember, we're all Metro fans, so lets work together to spread the word. Don't spam on the official forum.

#12 Von Streff, May 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2012
  13. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Looks like Joe has pretty much ditches you guys, more or less. Their forums are pretty dead, this forum is superior.

14. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

It's not a competition between which forum is superior, as we are all Metro fans. :D

This forum has been active for a year and has taken a lot of time, effort, resources and money to build up. There is no reason why people cannot post across them both and that applies to Joe too.

I don't think we should jump to conclusions about Joe abandoning this place because after all we are the "cult followers" :lol: Our demands must be met :p

It would however be nice if Joe could comment whether he will continue to submit the questions to the 4A team and if the member's of the Unofficial LL forum will still get their very own competition and prize give away's run by THQ.

#14 majnu, May 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2012
  15. KhansGotKarma

KhansGotKarma Well-Known Member

tru-dat

16. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Ranger_of_the_new_world Well-Known Member

After he made a joke about exploding ponies gas canisters i dont wanna see that guy anyway...

17. They already have those and they are "US only".

18. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

Why would they focus so much on the U.S. if 4A Games is based in Ukraine? Oh, wait, that's right: the money is coming from THQ, hence the American contest. Still don't know why they wouldn't put it in western European nations.

19. Companies do this because when they open a contest to the public, they create all sorts of possible legal troubles for themselves. They have to be perfectly clear about their own responsibility in the contest so they can avoid lawsuits from disgruntled contest losers and dissatisfied contest winners. This gets a bit tricky because, in addition to covering themselves under the general national law, companies running contests also have to cover themselves under the regional laws everywhere they run the contest.

TL;DR: 49 out of 50 U.S. states don't require special filing procedures. The rest of the world does, so it's too much trouble to let you participate if you aren't living in the Eagle Land. Unless you live in Rhode Island. Then you are screwed too.

20. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

http://www.lastlightforum.com - is the unofficial forum. I'd like to know if we will have competitions and Giveaways run by THQ. I know that the other place has. :)