Downtime

Discussion in 'Fortnite Battle Royale' started by kingcool52, Jan 25, 2018.

1. kingcool52

kingcool52 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm sure a lot of you guys have tried to play some Fortnite today and have been put into a queue. Something went wrong with the Fortnite database and they are having some trouble with getting their backup back online after they added the patch. Currently, there is no proper estimated time for when the game comes back but they are trying their best to bring it back as soon as possible. Not sure what to do right now, I really want to play some Fortnite lol.

2. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Well-Known Member
    Regular

This is bad news. Actually, I never got the chance to play FBR again because of my hectic schedule as a student. Hopefully when I get a free time, FBR will be up and I can play it.

3. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

That is pretty surprising to me, but at the same time you can take it as a sign that the game is pretty popular and growing, which is good to see. I would like a estimated time to get back up though.

4. walter12

walter12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I wasnt aware of this either.

5. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

This came as a surprise to me

6. kingcool52

Regular

The game is definitely getting extremely popular and I'm sure the number of people playing the game is going to increase quite a lot. But that wasn't the problem here. This downtime was actually caused by the database backup having a problem when the Fortnite team wanted to turn the game back online after updating the game. The game is back up now though, it has been up for a while now.

7. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

I didn't try to play the game during the downtime. I only found out later on Reddit. Not a big deal for me really, but I can imagine that people who have little free time and really wanted to play FBR might have been pretty pissed.

8. walter12

walter12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well it wasn't a big deal at all

9. kingcool52

Regular

I would have to disagree with you there. I think that it actually was quite a big deal. The game was almost down for the whole day and it wasn't helped by the fact that the PlayStation servers went down the moment the Fortnite team fixed their end. It was actually quite a big deal especially for those who purchased the Battle Pass and had to rely on completing every single challenge to get to Tier 70.