Quantcast

Do you think there will be a continuation of the Beyond Earth series?

Discussion in 'Civilization: Beyond Earth' started by jasonr299x, Aug 4, 2016.

?

Do you think there should be a continuation of the Beyond Earth series?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. jasonr299x

jasonr299x Active Member Regular

Personally, I think Firaxis would benefit from making another future-esque Civ game. I just got BE a few days ago, and while it isn't the best game in the series, it's pretty fun to play and a good switch from Civ 5. I may be a little bit biased, since I've always been a fan of future based games, but something about this game really feels good to me. Maybe it's just because I've become so used to Civ 5, but the change of pace in this game feels really good. I think my favorite part of the game though, is the soundtrack. There's something so calming yet mysterious about it that I think Civ 5 lacks. I'd definitely be willing to get another future based Civ game if it was released.

2. jalikam

jalikam Well-Known Member Regular

Yes, definitely. I don't think there is something wrong with game that most people report. I think that the developers are working on the next version of the game and the version will be released soon,

3. SirJoe

SirJoe Well-Known Member Regular

It's difficult to say, the developers are so focused on the new launch of Civ VI I don't think they will be looking at anything else, but there is a market for a sequel. I don't think we will see it any time soon though.

4. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

I'm not sure if FIraxis will go back to it in the future. The Beyond Earth name has been sullied at this point, so even if they wanted to do a futurisitic entry in the series again, I doubt it would it would be associated with Beyond Earth. For now, Firaxis is focusing 100% on Civ Vi and there's likely to be many expansions for that game, so I don't think we will see anything new anytime soon.

5. Casiox

Casiox Well-Known Member Regular

I personally think it is something that is not going to happen at all, the only way I think they could have considered the idea of making another version of that series was if the game would've reached a high rating when it comes to sales and such things, it clrearly did not happen, therefore, no new versions whatsoever.

6. krnd

krnd Well-Known Member Regular

I don't believe so but I wish there was a continuation, even if it's just a small project with not much investment into it, somehow i ended up enjoying the series.

7. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member Regular

With the new Civ 6 coming I doubt it but you never know. They could always come out with add ons.

8. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member Regular

Yep I think there should be a continuation of the Beyond Earth series

9. jalikam

jalikam Well-Known Member Regular

You are right. We need to wait for a long time before we see any sequel of the game. I think the developers should focus on this game after the launch of civilization VI.

10. SirJoe

SirJoe Well-Known Member Regular

At least till the end of the year and the yo coming year their focus will be on Civ VI. Once the novelty wears off who knows maybe they can turn their attention to older projects.

11. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

Well all we can really do is hope so, although maybe it is one of those where it is good to end when it does. Either way though I guess I would be happy.

12. tony

tony Well-Known Member Regular

I agree with you let's keep hoping so, the makers of the series may want to add more stories to the film in the future. This will then see the film bounce back.

13. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member Regular

I guess so, but unfortunately not in a near future as most of us are expecting. The chances of a continuation for Beyond Earth series are high, but I'd rather keep my expectations low for now.

Let's hope for the best.

14. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

I hope that there is, becuase that just means more to play. I cannot say that it was my favorite but that is hard to do so I would be open to it of course.

15. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member Regular

I think it's not among the best of choices, but a well-developed and more dynamic continuation can change the whole picture. Don't you think?