Quantcast

Do you think their will ever be a Kingdom Hearts for the PC

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts' started by RMCMage, Nov 4, 2013.

1. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I don't see it happening, but I would love to see it happen some day.

2. Vegany

Vegany Member

I honestly don't think so, not unless they saw a huge influx in demand for it on PC. It might be difficult to play on the PC too. It's always been tied to consoles so I think it plans to stay with that. I think it fits right with the consoles too. It would seem weird to me on the PC

3. Pickicool

Pickicool Member

Hahaha!
    Seriously, I can guarantee you right now that will see Kingdom Hearts ja, ais the day on PC. The game was really made ​​for consoles, and it loses a little of its interest in this platform. Especially that there are thousands of hackers ready to crack the game

But there are already emulators to play all Kingdom Hearts, except on 3DS.

But there is little hope for KH3, but it's kind of 0.00001%.
    But you do not have a Playstation? On PS3, there is Kingdom Hearts 1.2 and 2.5 HD Remix.

4. Akiyama

Akiyama Member

I don't see that as very likely. I can't even see how you could comfortably play a game like Kindom Hearts on the PC unless you went out and bought a PC controller with "2" analog sticks.

It might be a possibility with a spin off though.

Akiyama

5. Linkzelda41

Linkzelda41 Member

I highly doubt it will be ported, if that’s the right term, to the PC. Like Pickicool stated, there’s a myriad of emulators that you can use for playing games like Kingdom Hearts. And with how PC gamers are usually implied as wanting more action, violence, dark, and more realistic themes, the whimsical tales and themes of Kingdom Hearts wouldn’t really develop a large PC fanbase.

Maybe for those that like doing mods to games that were already on older consoles, which may surprisingly be a lot depending on where you go to, but it’s not something that developers would care too much about unfortunately.

6. 4justice

4justice Well-Known Member

Made specifically for PC, not very likely. Not impossible, but not very likely. The series was made for home systems.

Square Enix doesn't seem to care about anything but MMO games for the PC it seems

7. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

Kingdom Hearts is like a Sony brand so it is highly unlikely that it will get ported to the PC, not now at least. Perhaps in the later years when Square isn't as tied to Sony now we might be able to see a PC release.

8. kellykr09

kellykr09 Active Member

I really wish there was, but most likely there won't be. Too bad, I felt like I missed out on so much when it came out for the Ps2 and I didn't own one. Maybe in the future when they want to make a little more money out of it, they will.

9. BlackCaXIII

BlackCaXIII Member

Maybe, but most likely not, we can always dream though, dreaming good.
    I don't see Kingdom Heart leaving the console space any time soon though.

10. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

It would be awesome. I could maybe see it in the distant future. Square Enix seems like they are slowly warming to the PC platform.

11. Kevin Valerio

Kevin Valerio Active Member

It depends if you count the spin-offs as a real Kingdom Hearts game. If so, I wouldn't dismiss it entirely since it's shown to be flexible by releasing on every gaming console that isn't retro at the moment.

12. andrew172

andrew172 Well-Known Member

You could just use an emulator- seems like the most logical solution to me. As far it being officially released on PC. Well there's not really any demand for it at all and until there is, I doubt we'll see it on PC.

13. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

Maybe. Since Final Fantasy is having a port to PC this year. I think they want to have an audience for PC.

14. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

I think it'll take a while. We don't know what their contract with Disney and Sony is for KH. Most companies have contracts for console exclusives that last for x amount of years, other obligations or whatnot and they have to fulfill it. After that period is up a company can pursue ports to other consoles but once again that depends all on the contract and business agreement. From what I see of older games being ported to PC and whatnot, I think that's pretty much what's happening. That or they're renegotiating existing contracts and agreements to allow the slow move to PC ports because the console company made enough profit off of the series to loosen up for the PC market.

15. fliktor7

fliktor7 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure, japanese always make things for the consoles, usually they avoid making games for pc, but as niiro17 was saying, now they are making ports of FFXIII for the computer, so maybe they do the same with kingdom hearts (that will be great).

Anyway, it isn't the same, but it is possible to play kh 1 and 2 thanks to the ps2 emulators. At least it is something xD

16. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

Anyone that wants to see this happen...keep dreaming.

17. fliktor7

fliktor7 Well-Known Member

Why? I won't be so sure about that.

Maybe you are right, the future will tell, but since now there has been KHs in sony and nintendo consoles, and square enix games have been released in a lot of platforms, including pc ports too.

I think it could be possible, but I won't expect too much anyway xD

18. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

Anything is possible, but the likelihood for such a thing borders on nil when you look at Square Enix as a whole. If it did manage to make it's way to the computer, then it's likely largely due to the portion of it controlled by Disney. That's not to say I'm unhopeful, seeing as how Kingdom Hearts did have some cellphone mini games once upon a time. I'm just saying it's unlikely.

19. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic Well-Known Member

I would love to see Kingdom Hearts on the PC since I don't own a console, but I don't see it happening. There just isn't enough demand for a PC version of Kingdom Hearts right now to make them want to port it to PC.

20. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member Regular

There is quite a lot of demand actually. Many people have only played the KH through an emulator, and lots of current PC gamers owned a PS 2 back in the times.

It wouldn't make sense if they don't port it, I can understand the previous games as there were some licensing issues with distributing the games digitally, but KH 3 won't have that problem.

Another thing is that all recent SE games came to PC, and they did say they will consider a FF XV port after the console game is finished (their reasoning was that they don't want to delay it any longer so they focus on the console versions right now.)