Do you play MMORPG on a desktop or on a laptop?

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by vash, May 17, 2016.

1. gonemorp

gonemorp Well-Known Member
    Regular

I play the games on my desktop computer because of it's large screen. It's really fun to play the games on a large screen.

2. gonemorp

Regular

Yes, you are right. The size of the screen is less than the desktop.

3. gonemorp

Regular

Well, then I would recommend you to buy the laptop. Now a days, there are many cheap gaming laptops available in the market that you can buy.

4. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't think there are any cheap gaming laptops out there. General ones have gotten a lot cheaper but gaming ones are still at a premium price. There might be an exception or two on this but even the cheapest gaming laptops are still very expensive.

5. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

Just a few days ago I saw on Yahoo news about this Mi brand notebook armed with Core i5, 8GB RAM, and Nvidia graphics card for only $800 or so. It is fairly cheap in my opinion, and it has strong build for gaming.

6. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

I play pretty much all of my games, MMOs included, on a desktop. My desktop PC was built for high-end gaming, so it makes sense to use it for that purpose. My laptop isn't very popular and is mainly used for work or work related things.

7. abonnen

abonnen Member
    Regular

I personally play on a laptop because as of right now it is what we have, some day I hope to have a custom built PC but right now I do just fine with the laptop. I do use an external mouse when playing though, I find it easier.

8. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

That does sound like a pretty good price for a high powered laptop. I think the main brands would usually sell those specs at closer to around $2000 or close to that. I'm going to have to check this out for myself.

9. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

This forum wouldn't let me post links, so I can only post quotes from the links.
    This brand is actually aimed at middle to low budget market while offering premium hardware. It is their strategy to corner the market. Not that I will buy one since I am happy with what I have now. But I thought it is good to share this information for those who are interested in new laptops with good hardware and cheap prices.

10. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Thanks. I did actually look this up and was very impressed and immediately wanted to get one if only I had the money lol. Unfortunately for now locally we only have one selling at a bit higher cost which already makes the price a little close to MacBooks at which point personally I'd much rather just go for that instead. I guess for the real retail price it's a lot more competitive.

11. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

This is seriously the only reason why I still have my desktop. Even then, I have still thought about getting rid of it - it is just weird to look at now for some reason. I do like the setup though, and it allows me to really get in position to sit for a while and play, which happens easier with these games than anything on a console. I am not sure what my next step will be though, and I guess we'll see. Thanks for sharing.

12. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

For now I do not use desktop, my online activities as well as gaming are all carried out from my laptop computer. I am thinking their would be better experience with games when played using the laptop. You can easily go with your laptop anywhere you feel will be okay to enjoy the game.

13. thisnthat

thisnthat Well-Known Member
    Regular

I definitely prefer the desk top for gaming, for a variety of reasons. I have to agree that the larger screen is probably the biggest one. My vision isn't what it used to be.

I also like my bigger keyboard for easier mashing of hot keys, and I like to add abilities to my mouse buttons.

14. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am getting more and more used to the laptop, which is expected now I guess. Something about the desktop is still attractive to me though and I cannot really see that changing too much.

15. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

this isn't gross! LOL! It doesn't really matter if it's a desktop or a laptop in my opinion as long as the game runs smooth. But I do prefer a laptop if I would need to play on the go but if I'm just at home and working and I have some spare hours to check out the game I'm playing then I would definitely stick with my desktop.

16. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would say it goes this way at home the desktop will be cool to play games. If you have to play games outside your home then the laptop will be right for that. I think this is how it goes with many game people.

17. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

I usually play MMORPG on my laptop and I also play on the desktop, but less often. I'd rather play on the laptop because it's more practical and I can play anywhere (considering the fact that I'm always with my laptop).

18. Haroon

Haroon Active Member
    Regular

I love to play MMORPG on my personal laptop.I feel too relaxed and comfortable when I play more games on my laptop.But I refuse to play more games on my laptop when I can't keep laptop cool.I like to play on laptop because it is portable and easy to manageable.I can easily carry it with me in my home or anywhere else.

19. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't usually play a MMORPG too often, but when I do it would be on laptop. I just like having a slightly smaller item to play online games on as well as a bit of privacy every now and again.

20. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I guess you do bring up a good point on the privacy, as when I am around others I do not really like them seeing the screen. I am not srue why just a comfort thing I suppose.