Do you feel like you are wasting time playing games?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by llllllllllllllllllll, Feb 6, 2014.

1. malavicious

malavicious Hero of Justice
    Regular

Not one bit. Every hour spent having fun is an hour well spent, in my opinion. While it can be unhealthy to spend 3+ hours at a time doing nothing but staring at a computer screen, it's a perfectly fine hobby.The only way I could think of it as being a waste is if one were to spend 15+ hours a day doing nothing but playing video games, but I don't know anyone like that, and hopefully I never will.

2. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I do feel bad about it sometimes although not that often because I do try and limit my time playing games as much as possible. I guess it just depends on your priorities, ultimately. If you're someone who considers video games as a main hobby then you shouldn't feel too bad for spending time on it, but for someone like me who prefers to spend time on other hobbies as a priority, I can't help but feel bad sometimes when I'm just playing games.

3. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

Sometimes, especially if I let something go to play a game. For example, I could finish the t-shirt quilt for my teenager, but instead of going to the store and getting the stuff I need, I knock out a few more levels in Diablo. It's been a "work in progress" for 2 years now, but I'll get to it......someday.

4. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, it's pretty much the same story for gamers. It's like, "Oh, just one more level." Or, "This is my last round." But five more levels later and you're still playing. Getting hooked on a game is incredibly bad because you want to finish the game ASAP.

So you tend to let go of priorities. And that's when things get chaotic because we do have other things to do.

5. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

Exactly!

"Just one last...."-- famous last words. :)

6. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I wouldn't say I am wasting time playing games. I am getting to learn new things from every new game I play. Some of the characters I get to see in games, I am not talking about the over exaggerated, can be useful in real life. That said, playing games create room for better interactions with friends and a good form of entertainment.

7. ptahm22

ptahm22 Active Member
    Regular

Like most people have said, it depends with your priorities. If I'm late for work or school because I was playing games then I even deserve to be spanked. I create time that doesn't interfere with my daily schedule to play games. When I achieve this, that's not a waste of time. It's time well spent :D

8. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

The key is planning your time so you know when is okay to play games and when to get more serious. It would amount to nonchalant attitude if game time begin to interfere with studies or work.

ptahm22 likes this.
  9. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

I do not consider it as a waste of time. I only play whenever I want to release stress since I'm stressed out with some clients I have most of the time. It really depends on what you think it is, I mean, for me, getting high and just locked up on the couch all day is a waste of time for me that's why I don't do it,while people who do that won't say it's a waste of their time since they like and love getting high.

10. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

If I am really enjoying the game and it gives me a sense of happiness then no, I don't feel like I'm wasting my time.