Do you create male or female characters?

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by grinder, Aug 11, 2015.

1. grinder

grinder
    Expand Collapse

Hi guys, when you play MMORPG do you create a male or female characters? I've noticed that many guys (including me) create female characters. I don't know about the others but from my point of view, MMORPG are being played tons of hours a day so I guess that having a female on the screen the whole time instead of a male is pleasurable. What about you?

2. GenevB

GenevB
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

I mainly create male characters, maybe because I am male and I have a superiority complex over females or maybe just because I like thinking about that character as another me, for instance every time I create them I try to make them look either like me or either about my ideal version of myself.

3. Chris_A

Chris_A
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

I always create female characters when playing MMO`s. And for the same reason OP does. Seeing a hot looking female character for tons of hours per month vs. seeing some dude for the same amount of time, I`ll always pick the former. :D

4. Azrile

Azrile
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

For games like WOW where i know I am going to have a lot of alts, I usually do half and half just so I get to see the emotes and stuff like that. For games where I only play 1 character, it depends on the class.. generally I do males for melee and females for range or stealth.

5. Cereus

Cereus
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Older games like WoW I make female characters cause the male models are so ugly. MMOs with better graphics I do 50/50. Males have better looking/realistic armor. Generally my casters are female if I wanted to basically have a Virtual Barbie. My main in GW2 is a male Guardian and my elementalist is a female for example. Sorry, slut armor just doesn't jive with me when a character's melee class.

6. daosasoriza

daosasoriza
    Expand Collapse

I usually create female characters, mainly because I'd rather see a female character's butt than a male character's butt the whole time. Also, when I was still a kid, I always pretended to be a female in real life to get free items off strong looking players. Not a good thing to do, I know. lol.

7. ericnail

ericnail
    Expand Collapse

Female. Reason being that if I'm going to sit there and stare at a virtual characters backside all day, then it's going to be a woman. This doesn't mean I think shes real or I am attracted to her lol. Just a preference.

8. thecorinthian

thecorinthian
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

I like playing male characters and I'm female and that's because I want to be taken seriously. I cover up my gender with a really manly male name too. LOL. It's a fantasy life and I always wondered what it was like to be male.

9. Azrile

Azrile
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

It is funny, I think in multi-player games, many females do this. As a male who plays some female characters, I would not want to have to deal with that crap.. being a male, it is funny some of the stuff that gets said to me, but if I were a female, it would get old fast.

10. Zimbitt

Zimbitt
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Pretty much always guys, don't know why just kind of happens. Pretty much are girls though since I go elfs and they look feminine as fuck.

11. prabab

prabab
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Fifty-fifty I guess, don't really care about the gender of my toons, only cool looks.

12. ConureKeeper1990

ConureKeeper1990
    Expand Collapse

I am a woman and create female characters. It may sound strange, but helps me relate more to the character I am controlling. Of course, that comes with the occasional annoyance of being flirted with, but I've learned to deal with it. I have thought about making a male character just to avoid being hit on, but I've never really stuck with that.

13. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

To be honest, the main reason I used to prefer playing female characters over male ones in older MMO's was because their models looked much better/more realistic, while men 80 percent of the time looked like The Hulk or Shrek... I think with the more recent MMOs like FF XIV it isn't really a problem anymore since the graphics are much better and they allow for more realistic looking male characters.

14. grinder

grinder
    Expand Collapse

Ahah, that happens to me also to get flirted and it's simply awesome to see their reactions when you say to them that you're a male ahaha

15. West

West
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

It depends. I'll usually look at both models and see which one I think looks better. I don't really care, male or female. Though, playing as a female character does attract a lot of unwanted attention.

16. Azrile

Azrile
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

You really should wait until after they give you a bunch of free stuff. Back in the early days of UO, very few women actually played the game, but I had a female alt.. You would not believe how much free crap people would just hand over.... EVERY NIGHT IS LADIES NIGHT..

17. Snakevenom

Snakevenom
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

In games I always create a character which looks like me, I guess I just prefer immersing myself in the game and enjoying it as if I was the person in the game, so that would be male. Also I prefer the aesthetic of male models generally with the wider build. So altogether I pick someone like me which looks the coolest.

18. FuZyOn

FuZyOn
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

I create female characters most of the time. While I'm a guy, I really love how female characters look in general in RPG games. The males are pretty bland and boring, chicks look cool in armor so there's that.

19. grinder

grinder
    Expand Collapse

I will follow your advice for sure, never thought of let the pervert gift me something ahaha.

20. prabab

prabab
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Especially when the armor looks like metal lingerie, right?
    [​IMG]

chriswriter likes this.