Diablo 3 Auction House closes down on March 18,2014

Discussion in 'Diablo' started by Riri, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Riri

Riri Active Member

What's your take on this news? Since they make it sound like they will make the loot drops a lot better,I actually am glad they are doing it. That being said,I loved the idea of having the real money auction house where I can sell my stuffs with real money.I am just wondering if they will let you transfer the rest of your money in battlenet to your paypal if you have some money left there. To leave your money in battlenet seems pretty dumb for me.

2. TehMannie

TehMannie Active Member

I still believe the auction house ruined Diablo 3, along with the lack of ladder. It completely undermined what Diablo is all about and I couldn't be happier about its removal.

The new loot system is going to be fantastic. They have a sort of preview of it on the console version of Diablo 3, which I played and I must say it is a ton of fun. Playing a self found character is much more satisfying than grinding the auction house to make enough gold to buy decent items.

3. James

James Member

Its good to see it closing though as TehMannie said it kinda ruined it with just a mass of items i'm pretty glad its going because its just a terrible addition to the game.

4. xXPandosXx

xXPandosXx Well-Known Member

What I enjoyed in Diablo II the most, was the endless boss runs in search for some epic drops. I still remember how happy I felt when Baal dropped my first "Gaze" headgear. In Diablo III though, the existence of the Auction House changed that. The first time I killed Diablo on the Inferno difficulty, my wizard was fully equipped with items I had bought at the Auction House. I also found myself spending more time in the AH, than actually playing the game. I'm glad they are getting rid of it, and I hope that there will be some real PvP in the game soon, too.

5. Oakster

Oakster Well-Known Member

I love this news, the Auction House model made D3 a pay-to-win game, and the gold part of it made gold useless since you had to spend fortunes if you wanted anything worthwhile.
    We'll see how the game recovers after the AH is taken off, hopefully players start coming back to it, with it's removal and the addition of the new loot system.

6. gats

gats Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's sad to hear because I've probably made like $5k from selling items on the auction house.

I hope that they don't ban userss for selling gold because some of us really need the supplemental income.

7. Oakster

They probably will since now they won't have a way to get a cut from your profits.

8. alfonso

alfonso Well-Known Member

Sad indeed, sold quite a lot myself. I doubt the'll allow players to sell gold though, it would be contrary to what they're doing.

9. Kevin Valerio

Kevin Valerio Active Member

I'm aware of the utter hate many players possess for the RMAH. But I hate the fact that the gold auction house is shutting down too. I can understand how the real money auction house can cause players to get amazing gear just because they invest money in the game. But if only the real money one was shut down, it would allow people to still get good gear in the gold auction house through their luck and dedication. Now if you want a good piece of gear, you only have the option to drop it or spam the trade chat for it.

10. TehMannie

TehMannie Active Member

Not possible to ban someone for doing something they are unaware of! There have forever been websites for selling items where the transaction happens out of game and then the players meet and just trade the items as if it were a normal trade. Really, there is no way to ban that and it will exist if you know where to look.

11. gats

gats Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's true I suppose. Afterall, Chinese gold farmers get away with selling mass amounts of gold on WoW. I just don't like the idea of having to do things under with the constant fear of getting banned.

12. Pawski

Pawski Member

I think this is stupid to get rid of. The community on a whole seemed to think Blizzard just "sold out" by implementing this AH, but the reality is - they just understood this was going on outside of the game (via eBay or just websites (think www.d3items.com)) and instead of trying to fight it, they were just trying to work with it. It was safe, secure, and you knew you were going to get your items. Now it is going to fall back to the hands of the "blackmarket" which I think is kind of sad.

13. Oakster

Exactly my thoughts!
    I remember buying lot of items on D2 from a shady site (d2jsp I think) with barely any security.
    Blizzard canceling the AH won't stop item purchases, it will just shove it back into the black market.

14. Tykain

Tykain Member

It's a little late, the damage has been done already.
    Still, I'll probably get back to the game to see how different the game feels with the implemented changes.
    I did play D3 for a while when it was released, but the gold grind to buy stuff on the auction house really ruined the experience for me and I end up quitting.

15. redkyon

redkyon Member

I'm gonna miss the diablo auction house, it made getting gear so convenient.

But with it gone blizz is going to make all drops you get not terrible like they use to be which I think will be kinda neat. Now what to do with all my gold? I assume they'll add in more gold sinks. But then again those gems do cost a ton of gold, I guess I'll finally have enough gold horded for the best gems lol

16. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

Auction house shouldn't have been there in the first place. It does nothing but ruin the experience of looting. The drop rates sucked because of auction house. As long as you have the money you could basically buy yourself to win.

17. heyhowareyou

heyhowareyou Well-Known Member

Yeah, I made a little money selling items, but all in all Diablo is about farming the monsters, not farming the AH. I think Blizzard or some company should look into finding a way to incorporate real money into a game though, it was a great way for die hard fans to generate some extra income.

18. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

Glad to see it go. I've heard that it basically made it a pay-to-win game.. Allowing people to simply buy their way up to the top.

19. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Yeah, good riddance. It was a mistake to even allow it in the first place. The game probably would have ended up getting better scores and having a better time if it hadn't been for that.

20. Lostvalleyguy

Lostvalleyguy Well-Known Member

I prefer a DIY approach to gaming. Obviously doing things completely solo in an online game is silly, but part of the fun for me has always been acquiring my own stuff by doing it myself. The auction house change the way people played the game and probably changed the player base a bit. I wont miss it one bit - it was interesting to browse but not buy though. Some will storm out of the game because it is gone.