Dayz standalone

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by TheStalker, Oct 21, 2012.

1. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Suprised there is noo thread on this yet. Any1 saw the pictures for it. Also if you dont know there will be a standalone for dayz.

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I'm hoping to get my hands on that once it is standalone. I have ArmA II, but it's not entirely a full version as it has no multiplayer component. I'm really looking forward to DayZ standalone. Perhaps, when it comes out, we could meet with other members of the forum on there. :)

3. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Definitely.

Howeever, screenshots that have been released so far only show some more care of the detail, not really a different look from the ArmA engine...

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

When this comes out, will it cost money? Will PlayWithSix and DayZCommander stop working? If they don't, will they be able to join the same servers as those who use the standalone? Anyone know?

5. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Will cost 30 and will use a diferent server system that prevents hacking like a wow server.

6. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

From what i know, DayZ(mod) and DayZ (standalone) will not share anything.They nevertheless will be both playable (DayZ mod will not be deleted).

I highly doubt that they will share servers,since cheaters on DayZ are currently a major issue.

7. teenbat

teenbat Active Member

-Yes, the DayZ standalone does stand alone, so no server sharing.
    -The DayZ mod will continue to be 'cared for' with updates and new maps.
    -The reason that DSA looks the same as ArmA II is because they are made by the same team (though there are graphical updates).
    -It will cost money (they are guessing $15).
    -People with ArmA II won't have any discounts because the developers can't tell if you bought ArmA II for DayZ, or for ArmA II.
    -DSA will be released before the end of the year (if everything goes according to plan), at least in a paid beta form, similar to MineCraft.

8. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

trailers are comming out fast.

9. Skaara Dreadlocks

I'll definitely buy it when it comes out :D

10. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

As will eye! Always love open world survival games, especially ARMA...

11. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

I smell a clan brewing.

DayZ Standalone will be using the same engine as ArmA II, just a little bit tweaked. A Real Virtuality 3.5 if you will (Real Virtuality 3 is the name of the engine ArmA II runs on).

12. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

A clan is what we'd need indeed. Btw, I'm interested to see how different the upgraded engine will be. I hope less bugs. :p

13. Skaara Dreadlocks

I decided to necropost here instead of making a new thread.
    My friend and I have for quite a while been fairly disappointed with how slow the progress is with DayZ Standalone. No cars, and a lot of bugs. These two things make the Arma2 DayZ Mod much more enjoyable to play. Not to mention the Epoch-mods which really hype up the whole mod a lot, with way more other items, base-building and way more vehicles, even jets. True, it kind of turns the whole zombie-survival thing on its head and becomes more like GTA, so it kind of loses a lot of that atmospheric feel. But it's still quite a lot of fun, even as a zombie survival, because you do notice that the zombies are there, more so than the players and all the huge aircrafts.

But two friends and I have had a lot of fun with DayZ Standalone. Anyway, the reason I posted here is because DayZ Standalone finally has gotten CARS!
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/221100/announcements/detail/145569291131537487
    ^Here's a list over some of the new items and mechanics that was added just now. Damn, I can't wait to get this bandage off my hand and start playing again. I think DayZ will be the first game I'll play :D

14. That's nice, but I've never used cars and I don't really plan to.

15. Skaara Dreadlocks

Why not? Yes, I do see some negative sides about it: You're easily spotted, you can crash to your death. Vehicles are generally difficult to come across, and when you first do, it's almost always broken and it's a pain to find the parts to fix it, and even then you have to keep finding fuel for it and fix whatever might break on the way -usually wheels.

But Even though you're easily spotted, you're a fairly difficult target to hit; you're in high speed, you're inside a vehicle with a fair amount of protection against bullets, and you get so much faster around, from one place to another. You don't have to worry about running for an hour to get to the nearest airport.

16. Not worth the effort. It was tedious to fix them and once you switched servers, they would be gone.

17. Autumnal Wanderer

Autumnal Wanderer Level 28 Ranger

Personally I have never played the original mod at all, but when I saw the Standalone I fell into love. I bought it in February, but I have only played it about 50 hours because the lack of friends. Sometimes I play still, but alone is not really fun anymore. I remember when i started to play, I not exited for 4-5 hours. To be honest, I don't really like the zombie apocalypse and I playing because of the country where it plays. It is so similar to Hungary.
    Nowdays I just watching streams and youtube videos.