Dark Ones have a soul... ?

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by DeathScythe, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

Seems legit. But we don't know if Dark Ones eat or not. We just know they can survive radiation and that other mutants don't attack them. But what I wanna know is that how do few turn into dark ones while the majority turn into other...things...

2. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Perhaps it depends on the person; their body style, health, mental/physical well being... Or maybe it's just the heart they hold inside that determines it. Well never know for sure.

3. Shurfire

That could be true since all the Dark Ones work together and never argue with each other. They're all kind to humans and they really want to see their former species survive.

4. k2arim99

k2arim99 New Member

thoughts

5. Shurfire

They do. They are humans that have been mutated, but have not gone insane. I think that the humans who were extremely smart mutated to dark ones. The way they think, telepathy, it just says that they had to be smart as humans.

6. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

I think it was rather pure luck whom mutated to dark ones or died. I do not see how something as high intelligence can change how you mutate.

If the dark ones are souls, why do they have physical bodies? And if "souls" how is it that we can kill them?

#26 Lagtagbag, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013
  7. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

It doesn't entirely state that the Dark Ones are actually mutated humans. It only states that they are the next stage in the evolutionary scale. That is it, that's is all. This also applies to things like Nosalises. I mean they say that Nosalises are zombies but zombies of what?

8. Lagtagbag

What? zombies? where does it say that? I seem to totally missed that:embarassed:

9. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

In the books. I can't remember if it was stated in the game.

10. Lagtagbag

*sigh* time to go read the books again!

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

But do they really have bodies? In Metro 2033, it is written that people would see terrible things and others would arrive after the battle to find that guards have started shooting each other. The Dark Ones may not have bodies at all. They may simply present themselves to humans as beings of flesh and bone in the visions that they leave us with in order to make their presence easier to comprehend for mankind. Also, what if we can kill souls? People generally say that souls cannot be killed, heard or seen - but those are only people's ideas of souls. If Dark Ones are indeed meant to be souls, then Glukhovsky and 4A Games may have simply created their own definitions of the word. :)

12. zin

zin Active Member

Maybe the Dark Ones are the evil in men constantly in battle with the compassionate side, subconsciously trying to show that there's still hope left. There are psychological indifference's or what you would call them, in the tunnels. As you're lead trough the tunnel of ghosts and anomalies. As Khan said;

"You reap what you sow, Artyom. Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death. To break this vicious circle one must do more than just act without any thought or doubt. - This quote also can be heard before the good ending after escaping the attacks from the dark ones."

13. Lagtagbag

Um then why at the end of the game when you shot the Dark one is its corpse left in front of the laser designator if they do not have bodies? and In the books some guys manage to capture a Dark one and try to interrogate it, but it starves to death. so yea, I think they are pretty much physical beings. And I can't find it anywhere in the books where it says something about nosalies being zombies or something like that, like someone stated earlier. I think people over analyses these things abit.

14. NukemDukem

NukemDukem Active Member

the name implies they have a soul

15. Lagtagbag

16. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I was only saying what they COULD be. Tbh, I'm pretty convinced that they're mutants with telepathic abilities. :p

17. The Dark Ones

The Dark Ones Well-Known Member

Hi guys - yes we do have souls :) and we exist on a more spiritual level, what you see are merely our physical representations.