Dark Ones have a soul... ?

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by DeathScythe, Nov 4, 2011.

1. DeathScythe

DeathScythe Member

It is not impossible, we blew up their nest, but nowhere on the books Dmitri stated all of them were died. They sent scounts into the Metro, didn't they? Why wouldn't they scout other areas? Maybe the Dark One at the end told the others telepathically to run, or that Artyom knew what was going on but didn't have time to save them. He could have spread the word about them being the good guys. They would take years to reproduce and remake their society. They also had access to all of our knowledge, why not send scouts to other metros? Or... is it a soul?:confused:

Dang, sorry for the attachment. My mom's computer is full of weird images.
    Here: http://imageshack.us/f/832/lastlight0002.jpg/

#1 DeathScythe, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2011
  2. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Wow, someone has an eye for detail. I really can't tell whether those things are what you say or not, but it could be. The dark ones might have tunneled underground, and since humanity managed to survive nuclear missiles hitting their homes (and then surviving in the Metro), well, the Dark ones only had normal missiles hit them, so they wouldn't have to go too deep. I wonder... :)

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

Yeah, there's a possibility that many of them survived, and a huge possibility that some few of them survived. Not all of them had to be at that nest at that moment, but well.. Idk, I don't think they'll bring them back into Last light anyway..

4. DeathScythe

DeathScythe Member

Well, not Last Light... but later; then it is another story. I'm convinced that we will se their ghosts on the surface just like how we see human ghosts in the Metro.
    Also, watch the demo video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiJN0TnSNmo&feature=BFa&list=HL1320447008&lf=mh_lolz

At 0:56 there is a dead fresh body, without any signs of radiation mutation over it. During this part, you can hear a radiation detector. Pay attention to it and you will notice it is beeping very slowly. Also, at the start, the Kremlin is destroyed. If you read the books you'd know it was intact in 2033.

1:04 "Much has changed since the Dark Ones were scorged from the Earth. The air is not pure enough to breath[...]"
    This suggests, indirectly, that they have been going to the surface more often. You can also make a bond with my previous observation... Did we bring our wars to the surface? It also suggests that no one has seem the Dark Ones again, or there are only a few rumors. What we learned from the Metro universe rumors? That's right, if there are rumors we can really expect something!

When Artyom descends into the Metro, we can see germans doing a patrol and talking about an attack... to Polis. This was once mentioned in the books. Then Artyom enters their station, and a train is being lifted. Are they fixing those trains? That would be big. Then a soldier aproaches the pan the player shot before, this indicates that they are paying more attention to the scenary detail to add more opportunities for the player. At 5:00 there is a machinegun and some tools: they are crafting their own weapons. Is the civil war making it harder to find weapons or are the nazis manufacturing? 5:22 Intriguing, looks like a storage room, but there is machinery... and it is working. 5:50 Oh, now it is clear... it is fully armored. 7:18 That noise. Was the revolver made to work like a stun grenade? 7:30 Again, more building...
    8:20 A lot of machines being used. Seems like this train also was homemade.
    9:00 Yes, they are homemade. 9:23 they armor is good, too.
    10:00 Is Hansa giving them materials? Are the nazis and Hansa allies now? That makes sense, Red + Polis vs. Hansa + 4th Reich.

Now back to the start. Pause at 0:52, at the left corner of the road, there is a dead person. He was not wearing any kind of mask nor armor.

1:20 A lot of birds near the water, they don't look like mutations. There are also some snakes at the street. There is some kind of boat thing there, someone was trying to get to the plane, but the water is still feared. Hmm... "secrets long buried by our fathers". Look at the building in the background. It was made to resist a nuke? Damn it bro...

5. Von Streff

Regular

Wow, you really analyze these things! :D

6. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

very intresting

7. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

also when artom is entering the tunnels through the hatch khan says "he is the only one who can save us from this madness" he is refering to the mysterious prisoner. So if its a he then it has to be either a man. Or maybe, but i doubt, a dark one. Do the dark ones have genders?

8. DeathScythe

DeathScythe Member

Yea, I'm really nerdy so I don't have to study and my gaming PC's mobo is dead, so I have nothing else to do :'C

I guess that not even the people from the metro knew if they had genders :s

EDIT: We all know they captured Hunter, and that he came back. What if, knowing what they want from us, he told them that humans are too stupid do understand their message and would rather destroy them. Also, Hunter is back in Metro 2034, but why did he take so long if the Hive was about 2 miles away from that other Metro Station(not VDNCh)? Where did they take him? Why was he so mad at us, and why did he become such a cold killer?

EDIT2: I think the prisoner is not from the currently known Metro... I'd rather think that he is from a far far away station that was destroyed a long time ago.

EDIT3: Yes, I'm talking about the University. Remember how often we saw nazis up there, and how they were building a lot of stuff in their station? I mean, NEW stuff, like that machinegun. It seems like you don't need powder for it to work.

EDIT4: I promise this is the last edit. Notice that in the demo video, when the guy says "secrets long buried by our fathers" you can see the University in the background. I'm sure they are still alive and the nazis are using those poor inhabitants who are very smart to build their war machines.

EDIT5: Sorry, I had to do another one. Take a look at this picture: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110817220254/metro2033/images/c/c1/Last_Light_0004.jpg
    See the name of that station? It is Sretensky Bulvar. The station was supposed to be destroyed. Actually, The entire line was supposed to be destroyed (Sretensky Bulvar, Trubnaya, Dostoyevskaya and Mar'Yina Roscha). It is a good place for the nazis to hide their weapons, no one goes there anymore.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110531182807/metro2033/images/3/32/Metrollss7.jpg The guy is not using a filtration mask and the vegetation is greener.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110531185609/metro2033/images/7/7f/Metrollss2.jpg The dead guys are the reds and the ones shooting seem to be nazis (I mean, they are killing reds aren't they?). Compare their bodyarmor and gear; the fascists aren't as well armored. Look at the symbol on the back of the 2 dead soldiers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't look like a suastica or a C. If this is true, it was a stealth attack.

#8 DeathScythe, Nov 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2011
  9. DarkCougar555

DarkCougar555 Well-Known Member

Look at those various mutants. Most of them are males. I think the team probably just forget to add female mutants and Dark One ladies, too. But, I can imagine that ladies are completely nude like you can see Dark One men. Eheh. :D

(I apologized if I come out of nowhere here. I just saw this thread and thought it is worthy to reply this comment. :))

10. Von Streff

Regular

Well, Dark Ones are "evolved" from humans, right? They have some kinda reason, some thought-process...

11. DarkCougar555

DarkCougar555 Well-Known Member

True. They could be. But, it seems there are no female creatures in Metro 2033 at all (except humans, of course).

12. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

well, game censor guys would probably go insane if they found a dark ones with tits.

13. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

This thread is deep. :D

14. DeathScythe

DeathScythe Member

Hey guys! I know it's been a long time(indeed!)... but if you haven't checked this yet, here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOc9_GWmIjM

Mr. McDev talks a lot about the Dark Ones here, also there is a lot of evidences that they are still around (the visions,man, THE VISIONS!)

Hearts and flowers!

15. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I know, Maybe that
    baby dark one
    is the
    son of the fuher
    and the prisoner

16. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

This thread is really well though out.:)

I wonder if the remnant of the Dark Ones will hate humanity and/or Artyom, or be hostile in Last Light...

17. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

They are much smarter than us. They have telepathy so it means that their minds are more advanced than ours.

18. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Well maybe. But telpathy dosnt equal smart just more advanced minds. Like we use just 30% of our minds on strength and tasks abd the rest on thoughts.

19. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Well the way the dark ones speak seems very "clean" and thought out to me, plus they had the heart to reach out their hand to humanity in an act of kindness, so I'd say that they're pretty smart.

20. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

If anything, I would consider Dark Ones souls themselves. The next step of evolution would be independence from a body. Not needing to eat, drink, sleep, exile waste. All of these are things the human body must do to survive. If we can break away from that, in one sense or another we would just be souls.