[Concern] AI - Player balance

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Levano, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Levano

Levano New Member

Hello,

At this point during my first playthrough (Ranger Hardcore) I'm getting fed up by the overpowered mutants. The rhino, for example, is extremely fast and took all my ammo (assault and shotgun ammunition, fired only at its back), only to make her break through the wall. Ridiculous.

Same goes for countless other mutants, such as the shrimps in the level before Venice. It only takes two to three hits to kill me, whilst most mutants require at least one third of my magazine to be taken down. These are armored creatures, of course - but I'm firing very powerful rounds from my AK-47.

Is there anyone who feels the same and/or knows how to deal with this?

2. DaDeadlyCheese

DaDeadlyCheese Well-Known Member

Use shotguns for mutants, always sun for the head. With the rhino, you don't need to use a single bullet, make it run into the pillars. Throwing knives work well if you are sneaky

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

The concerns and suggestions part is actually for forum-related stuff, so I moved this thread to the Last Light sub-forum. :) And yeah, the ranger hardcore difficulties make you just as vulnerable as the human enemies (which is great), but the mutants basically become bullet sponges (which isn't so great). As DaDeadlyCheese said, headshots with a shotgun are the best way to deal with muties, though you can also use claymores and such which can be useful when dealing with the armoured shrimps.

4. Levano

Levano New Member

Oh, sorry for that.

Some other things that the Redux lets me hate their new system: the way I have to select claymores and other grenades... and the fact that I'm plowing through the mud (with the bear) without moving forward whilst the nosalises jump around like there's no problem - now trying taking it down with a bastard rifle and a sniper... without health packs...

EDIT: apparently secondaries are much more of a thing in Last Light, took it down with ease after 3 claymores. :D

#4 Levano, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
  5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

No problem, you are not the first person to make that same mistake, and glad to hear you got through it. Claymores ftw! :p

6. DaDeadlyCheese

DaDeadlyCheese Well-Known Member

Oh man, the amount of claymores I used on the bog shrimp... I never figured out if there was a better tactic to killing it. I just torched the thing and sprinted off whilst planting claymores. Shooting it when its arms were out of the way didn't seem to do that much damage