Combat

Discussion in 'ArcheAge' started by indy4s, Sep 26, 2014.

1. indy4s

indy4s Member

I've got to know, one of the biggest deciding factors for me when it comes to MMOs is how the combat system works. So tell me, how is the combat system in ArcheAge? How are the skill trees?

2. curtclicker

curtclicker Member

I don't think it innovates combat at all--it is very similar to the traditional MMO and doesn't attempt to try something new a la Tera or Guild Wars 2. However, I do believe that many other features in the game, most of which play on it's "sandboxy nature", more than make up for this, including the ability to own land and it's own take on mounts and pets. Skill trees are interesting but I haven't had that much time to delve into them, I'm still only on the first class selection. Maybe when I unlock the second specialization combat will feel more interesting.

3. Whitewolf2578

Whitewolf2578 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well if you are one of those people that doesn't like super exciting combat like myself, than this is the game for you. Games like Aion where when you attack someone this super intense battle music comes on and when you hit the opponent sparks fly and you are left feeling like a major tool. This game is nice, it doesn't have all that which I like it as it makes the game more real.

4. Daniburu

Daniburu New Member

The combat is pretty vanilla in terms of how MMO's go. It's not super exciting but that doesn't mean it's completely terrible.

5. Al_n

Al_n Member

If the combat is similar to traditional MMO's, I don't see any reason to dislike it. The thing is, combat is way too difficult to innovate on, and I don't feel like there will be anything spectacular in the near future. But I guess that's just negative thinking!

6. Mimsee

Mimsee Active Member

It's standard tab-targeting combat, like WoW.

The interesting thing about it as far as skill trees go, though, is that you can make hybrid characters sort of like you could in the first Guild Wars. You can combine up to three classes together on your character so you can make a hybrid dps-healer-tank if you were so inclined..though I don't think it would be very useful XD

7. ariana_

ariana_ Active Member

The combat is pretty much "push key to attack", like a typical MMO. You select a target, press a skill, and you attack with a cooldown. You have a wide variety of skills to chose from, and you combine elements from multiple classes into your character. However, if you are into advanced combat, this probably isn't the game for you, like other posters said.