Quantcast

Civilization VI To Have New User Interface

Discussion in 'Civilization VI' started by Todd Black, May 21, 2016.

1. JustinG

JustinG New Member

This definitely looks more streamlined, which I'm perfectly okay with! It's not that the UI was bad in the old games. Heck, I haven't had a problem with the UI in any Civilization game I've played, but change can definitely benefit games. I think this will be a breath of fresh air and I'm looking forward to giving it a go when the game is released.

2. Casiox

Casiox Well-Known Member Regular

I personally think it looks the same as Civilization V's interface, they have not changed it that much, I feel like it needs some enhancements, the panels and bars should be modified, if I was the designer in charge of making the bars I would definitely make them look nicer, I am not saying that it looks ugly but it could be better.

3. iRoxas

iRoxas Member Regular

Well things don't really have to look super beautiful but yea I see what you mean. But I don't really advocate change since it's just learning something new that you probably could've done fine without.

4. Casiox

Well, we're already in 2016, everything they make these days is beautiful, good looking and modern, I do not see why it does not have to be like that when it should definitely be, remember you're paying for it and you shouldreceive the best as a customer.

5. NormaD

NormaD Active Member Regular

Anything that promises to be more user friendly has my vote. I don't think it's that much of a difference from the user interface of V but then I may not be the best person to ask about that.

6. SirJoe

SirJoe Well-Known Member Regular

Judging from the pats I think that it only can get better. They have shown time and time again that they really know how to make a game and I don't think that this time it will be any different.

7. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

Well although I am a firm believer in old adage of "if it ain't broke don't fix it", and I certainly think that It applies to the Civilization games in most aspects, user interface included. That said, though, I am ready for some changes and my general excitement for the game itself cannot be ruined, so it is a good time to introduce it. I can't wait to experience it for myself. Thanks for sharing.

8. gamer2x

gamer2x Member Regular

Normally, I don't like interface changes in any game, as you have to kind of learn the entire game again, but looking at the new interface I personally think it is much more functional then the earlier one.

I personally noticed 2 things in the above screenshot:

• More options
    • Even spreading of the options
    Both of these should actually make the game easier to play.

9. matchv

matchv Well-Known Member Regular

WOW! That interface looks really interesting. The panel and the colour combination of the panels caught my eye. I just hope the graphics will be better. The developer worked really hard for the game.

10. matchv

The first feature impresses me. When I to play the previous versions of the game, I used to think that the game should have more options. Now, I am finally happy to see the new interface of the game.

11. TangPau

TangPau Member

I liked the streamlined look of this it looks very similar to a Civilization V mod I have used before. I like any changes to the UI that makes the map and actually play area clearer and more open. I am very excited to play around with the Civilization VI UI and then to see how it modded to make it even more personalized.

12. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member Regular

Very very easier structure and I like it

13. Casiox

You're right, they're looking really nice, regarding to the graphics, you should update yourself, they're working really hard on the graphics, even more than in the whole game itself, it's going to be a hit, for sure.

14. SirJoe

SirJoe Well-Known Member Regular

I don't think the change that it will be unrecognizable. I'm sure it will be more ergonomic and the general layout will be cleaner.

15. jalikam

jalikam Well-Known Member Regular

I am sure the changes will definitely hold up in the future. They are really spending a lot of time in this game and that is why it will surely yield the results.

16. jalikam

jalikam Well-Known Member Regular

Graphics is already awesome in this game. I think they should work on the interface and other aspects of the game because it will make the game overall good.

17. Casiox

According to what they've shared about the game, the interface is already done, they're still working on the graphics and some mechanics they're thinking of adding, but we still have to wait for them to come up with more news.

18. matchv

The structure is easy and it is also very interesting. The developers did an amazing job with the interface. I am just waiting for the interface.

19. matchv

The entire world is waiting for the game and we are mad for the game. I am also sure that it is going to be one of the biggest games of the year.

20. Casiox

Probably, yes. It all depends on how hard the developers work on it, for sure.