Chronicles pack discussion

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Komodo Saurian, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Rivitur

Rivitur Member

Well there is the somewhat announced MP mode or you could stick to the steam group?

2. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

Multiplayer in the Metro universe would be amazing and I bet everyone here would agree. It would be great to have a hardcore multiplayer of Metro. Would only hope that it wouldn't cost extra unless it was made EXTREMELY good.

3. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Christ its hard to get money out off you, The ios app store must boil you :)

4. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

From what I remember, it was planned as a standalone game.

So no, not free. Which is understandable, considering it would likely be new content.

5. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

Yea but it depends on how much it costs. Even if it does have a lot of content pricing it at anything more than $15 is asking too much. People who buy the multiplayer would already have the base game or play the mutliplayer and then buy the base game.

6. Potarto

I'm assuming it would be something along the lines of Battlefield 1943. But since they would likely be re-using a good number of assets, I can't imagine it being all that expensive.

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Still no release date? Or have I missed the news?

8. The Last Ranger

None. I guess it won't be coming out this week. Hopefully, we'll hear some news this week on a release date.

9. We might get some goodies soon.

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Aaaaand it's out. :lol:

11. NovaRain

NovaRain Member

Just finished (got all achievements) the DLC yesterday. Pavel's chapter is the longest and probably most interesting one IMO. Anna's is somewhat disappointing due to its length.

Probably due to my lack of skill, I found trying to sneak pass & knock out all bandits (aka Shadow Ranger style) in Pavel's chapter without alerting/provoking them is next to impossible. Killing all of them unnoticed with silenced weapons is much easier.

12. Downregulation

Downregulation Well-Known Member

This is something I quickly put together in the "Khan" level... The final part of this level has some of the best graphics I've ever seen! (The level design is also brilliant)... Please note that Khan "channeling" the corpse in the first shot is something I modified, and is not a scene that happened in the game... I'll add more to this video later.

[youtube]a6pSgStC8_0[/youtube]

Pics of Khan "channeling" the corpse:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Click below for higher resolution:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Downregulation

Here's another video from Khan's level. This time I'm messing around with the Nosalis AI, and freezing their animations... I was going to take high res screenshots at the 0:20 - 0:46 mark, but the game crashed before I had a chance to take them... I'll try reduplicate that scene with similar shots.

[youtube]OcoG1X2xS_U[/youtube]
    (Watch On Youtube For HD Quality)

14. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

wth

Pavel's chapter is so short. Can someone tell me if this is right?

Pavel seems really short to me. I traded bullets after visiting the cheap sex booth lol and then proceeded to get into a boat and then the game ended. That can't be the end of Pavel?

..and before anyone asks yes I have a legit copy and the dlc was downloaded as part of the season pass.

15. NovaRain

NovaRain Member

@majnu
    Yes, that's the end of Pavel level.

16. tamalero

tamalero Well-Known Member

I do not know if I'm having the same issue as NovaRain, because my game is again bugged.. this time in certain positions and angles.. its impossible to knock down the attackers..
    unlike artyom..with pavel you have to be literally hugging the enemy to get the knockdown thing.
    if you're crouching.. it would be having your nose up in their asses.

17. Potarto

Just knife them. If you're in stealth, it should still 1-stab-kill them if they aren't armored.

I mean, I get that you're going for a pacifist run, but it's not like you get an achievement or anything for it. Besides, Pavel's already established as someone who isn't worried about killing.

18. Downregulation

I moved one of the station defenders to the final Nosalis battle with Khan... If I freeze the man, the Nosalis' will swarm, but will not attack him. (The final shot is with everything frozen).

[​IMG]

Higher res version below:

[​IMG]

More pics to come.

#38 Downregulation, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2013
  19. NovaRain

NovaRain Member

True, in my playthroughs I always kill them instead of knockout, since I'm not playing as Artyom anymore. Just trying to get every kill with trench knife assassination. In 2nd playthrough with a slower pace I notice there are some interesting details in the level, like loading a bullet into the revolver or pushing the signal button on the wall to let some thing happen prematurely (I wish we could have more of these in the main levels.)
    And in the last area it's quite possible to assassinate most of enemies, leaving only two heavy armors (unable to perform takedown, but can be killed silently with normal stab or throwing knives) and one "boss"(?) on the well-lit central walkway. BTW, this level is probably the first time I seriously use Tihar and suppressed Duplet in LL.

#39 NovaRain, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
  20. SeelySassage

SeelySassage Member

Stealth was pretty easy for me in Pavel's level, except for one part where I had to clear out everyone to crack a safe. It was either cracking every safe or doing it all in stealth.