BF3 vs BF4?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bamul, Feb 17, 2014.

?

Which game is better? Note: please vote only if you have played both of them.

1. Battlefield 3

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Battlefield 4

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

A question for those of you who have played both of these games: how does Battlefield 3 stack up against Battlefield 4? I have only BF3, but I like it a lot and to me there doesn't seem to be much improvement in BF4 (then again, I haven't been following the new game so perhaps I am wrong). Moreover, it seems as though BF4 has a similarly buggy start like BF3 had. So I'm wondering if there's any incentive at all for me to buy Battlefield 4 right now. I mean, I wouldn't buy it at the moment anyway because I don't have the money and when I do then I'll have to spend it on other things, but speaking in general. Is it actually worth it? Should I wait for a premium edition like I did with BF3? Or is Battlefield 3 (with premium and DLC for the varied maps) so good that I just shouldn't bother buying Battlefield 4 at all?

#1 Bamul, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
  2. After all the patches and DLC BF4 will be better.

#2 Komodo Saurian, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
  3. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

I think that at its core, Battlefield 4 is a better game in that it is pretty much BF3 plus more, but BF3 was just mechanically more polished and robust. I still have tons of stability issues with BF4 on PC, too. I really want to like BF4, and I think it's a damn cool game, but most of the time I just walk away not having had all that much fun for some reason.

#3 Potarto, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
  4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Okay, so it sounds quite similar. If you guys could gauge how good the game will be after patches and DLC, would you say BF4 will always be just BF3 with more content and slightly more features, or will it be in a league of its own with something more unique or significant enough to ditch BF3 for it? Right now, I'm under the impression that there isn't much point in purchasing the new game until a complete edition comes out - if I was to buy it at all.

5. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

Agree.

6. Potarto

I think that if BF4 manages to fix its issues with engine stability and hit registration, then it will basically be a BF3 with more features. The maps seem to be much more focused around being fun for conquest than they are for Rush. As much as I like interactive maps, Levelution isn't really a game-changer in any way. If they do finally end up fixing the game and releasing some good Rush maps, then I'll probably end up buying Premium. Otherwise, I'll be giving the series a pass for some time, the launch has definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Right, guys thanks for sharing your opinions on this. :) If anyone here still plays Battlefield 3 on PC, feel free to add me on Origin (my username is the same there as it is on here) and maybe we could join up in a squad for some BF3 action. Though if you do, make sure to let me know who you are.

8. Potarto

I'll add you. Mostly played on Xbox and no Premium, but hey, I have the game at least and finally have a PC that can run it. User is L3377MA573R.

Long story.

VOIP or no?

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I generally don't use voice chat, but I do have a good headset now so if you know a good program we could use then I'm all for it (though I might not always be able to talk as my room doesn't currently have a proper door). :lol: Might as well add each other on Steam then, no? :)

10. Potarto

Sure. I've personally had a positive experience with Skype. I would PM me your user if you make one, though; last time I posted mine here, I got a bunch of contact requests and messages from some Russian guys trying to get me to click various links.

11. bobgill

bobgill New Member

I have a great gaming experience with both BF3 and BF4, but my favorite is BF3.
    Now playing Titanfall and after completing it will switch to acheter watch dogs.

#11 bobgill, May 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014