Awful screen tearing and blurry AK?

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by SpartanKobe, Aug 21, 2014.

1. SpartanKobe

SpartanKobe Member
    Regular

I got this for PC(already had it for 360) and I get awful screen tearing even when I limit my fps to 60 with MSI afterburner and force vsync AND triple buffering on through Nvidia control panel. I guess it's bearable but if anyone has suggestions it would be nice. My main concern is the next one.

My AK also gets blurry on the back of the gun when I aim it. Is that supposed to happen? That is honestly annoying me cause AK imo is the best AR in this game and using it with MGR is so beasty for me. :) One hit kills and shotgun sound ftw.

#1 SpartanKobe, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  2. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac Active Member

1. Try in-game VSync if you haven't. Also try forcing it externally via Direct3D Overrider if in game version is no better. If nothing is better, do note that some displays are more susceptible to tear than others.

If you're getting vertical tear while looking around, it could be partly due to the mouse you're using and/or it's DPI settings. One way to try and see if your mouse is causing tear is to try looking left and right with the L/R arrow keys.

I have a 32" Panasonic IPS TV. It resists tear very well, but it's only average regarding motion blur. No display does everything well, not affordable ones anyway.

2. Disable blur in the game menu. After that, go to your user.cfg file in the Metro 2033 Redux directory and do an Edit\Find search for "r_dx11_dof", and make sure it's set to 0. Near the bottom you'll see "sick_mblur" and "sick_mouse", which should also be set to 0.

The blur while aiming you're referring to is Depth of Field (DoF), where things surrounding what you're aiming at are blurred, while the target itself is focused.