Any sort of PVP?

Discussion in 'No Man's Sky' started by SLTE, Feb 1, 2016.

1. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've been waiting for a solid space dogfighting game for a while, now, and though No Man's Sky definitely does not look to feature combat as the core mechanic, I'm curious to know if there's any way to take on other players, perhaps in contest over unclaimed planets. I've been looking, though, and I haven't seen any major mentions of player interaction period, let along PVP.

Has anyone who's been following the game longer know if PVP is going to have a place in No Man's Sky? Or is exploration the mainstay?

2. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've heard that it WILL be possible to encounter other players. But the thing is, since we're talking about a UNIVERSE, it's incredibly rare to see one. The developer did say though that it will be possible to do some unique interactions IF you encounter a player, even if it is a very rare occurrence. Unfortunately it's still unknown what you'll be able to do with other players. But when you think about it, would you want to kill a person if it's the only one you saw in tens of hours of gameplay? :p I don't think so, personally. :D

3. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

I haven't heard anything of the sort, but then so much of the game content remains shrouded in mystery. It's making me hesitate on buying the game so far.

4. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

Exactly this, and this applies to every aspect of the game. Other than a never-ending, proceduraly produced universe, there are very little details about ANYTHING else. Apparently there are some basic survival-game mechanisms, but really nothing about character advancement or skills.

5. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Well-Known Member
    Regular

There's no PVP. In fact, the universe is so big, that the chances of two players meeting each other is just a fraction of the chance of you winning even the most unwinnable of lotteries. The game is basically a walking (or in this case flying) simulator where you can discover worlds and the life and resources in it, and claim them in your name.

6. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

And that begs the question.. if you are almost never going to see other people, what is the point of ´claiming stuff´in your name if the odds are nobody else is going to see it.

It is a $60 cheesy flight simulater that added one of the worst features of Spore, proceduraly generated landmasses.

7. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, it caters to a particular niche of gamers. Not every game has to be killing other players with big guns, there are a bazillion video games for that. This is an exploration simulator, in fact, it's a much realistic take on what would actually happen if one day, mankind could go to space nad start exploring other planets through extremely high-speed travel.

8. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don`t really think there will be any PvP in the game. It is mostly about exploration and a huge sandbox galaxy where you can basically do whatever you want in.

9. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am pretty sure that if you're looking for space PVP, star citizen is the only game that's doing it right right now. If someone isn't on star citizens level, they probably aren't worth mentioning for pvp. Sadly it's being pushed as a pve game though.

10. jalikam

jalikam Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, you should buy it now. You should check it out at least once. I am sure the money spent would be worth it.