Another Metro?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Black Fox, May 16, 2013.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Some of them are (most if not all of the people who created 4A were from GSC), but they've grown since then.

2. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

also vostok game's.

3. Jastreb

Jastreb Active Member

Honestly there is no need for other game, LL already has a amazing graphics and gameplay, all i need is an addictive DLC or expansion pack that will keep me playing this game, not just "Ive done this mission, bye".

4. 3am

3am New Member

-yep

5. SeelySassage

SeelySassage Member

I don't understand why they skipped 2034, though. They could've made a perfect trilogy.

6. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

They wanted to continue Artyoms story, Simple as that.

7. Derrame

Derrame Well-Known Member
    Regular

any news on new Metro Games?

i need more :)

8. Stalker Bar

Stalker Bar Well-Known Member

"Metro: Last Light" is a delightfully tense slice of post-apocalyptic Moscow. Normally, I'd call it a first-person shooter, but I spent most of my time non-lethally neck-punching guards until they pass out. I can't be the only one that enjoyed time spent first-person punching his way through "Metro"'s subterranean dystopia: after strong sales, publisher Deep Silver promises that the franchise will "absolutely continue."

"It's been a positive experience," says Dr. Klemens Kundratitz, CEO of Deep Silver, in an interview with Joystiq. "I've very glad we acquired that brand. While it launched in a very dry space in the gaming calendar this year, it still got a lot of attention."

"Our ambition is to absolutely continue with that brand and we will also, in the next phase, look to making it more accessible for a broader gamer audience," Dr. Kundratitz continued.

9. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

yeah, still sad they want it to appeal to a broader audience.

10. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

They need to make the damn game more of a challange!!

11. Yakov

Yakov Well-Known Member

What do you need to be challenged? Far less ammunition?

12. NuclearWastE3

Regular

That would be good. Another would to have the AI more intelligent, at least how they were in metro 2033; but I would prefer for them to as intelligent as the ones from the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. There would also need to be little to none alternate pathways for you to take so that you wouldn't be able to take down 10 fully armed men, all of which are standing practically next to each other in a confined space and not noticing that everyone around them is dying, by just using stealth kills. It would be great if, lets say you were to kill someone without alerting the others, the enemy (at least one person) would begin to wonder what's taking there comrade so long to come back from patrolling over from the other side of the station. It would go something like this:

"Hmmm, that's a little odd. I haven’t seen Jimbo on my last three passes by his assigned post. Maybe he had to go take a piss or something.”

*Guard worried for Jimbo after passing by Jimbo's post a few more times and sees that he has not returned. Gaurd informs other guards that he is going to go in search of his pal, Jimbo.*

"Jimbo!? Where are you?! A nosalis got your tongue? Jimbo!!?

*You kill guard that is in search of Jimbo After a while, the other guards will start to wonder why neither Jimbo and or his friend have returned. They figure something is up, and they go in search of them with guns at the ready. *

Of course, this is not the best example on how to set this up, but I hope you understand what I was trying to say :D.

13. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Ammunition would be a huge deal. I felt like every bullet in 2033 was worth grabbing, while in Last Light, you were constantly hitting the ammo cap. I know that carrying 400 shotgun shells isn't realistic, but the averages soldier doesn't have to feed an automatic shotgun to hundreds of enemies over the course of a day.

But ammo conservation was always an interesting aspect of 2033, so I'd definitely like to see them cut the ammo drop rates down by at least 50%, maybe as much as 70. At least get rid of the damn 100 bullet bonus for ranger mode, so it actually (sorta) works like it's supposed to.

14. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

They should also do something similar to the wing commander series. Adaptive ai based on how good you are

15. Theripper

Theripper New Member

Maybe this will clear things up.

http:// multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2013/08/26/metro-will-be-accessible/

16. JTM

JTM New Member

There's an article on PC gamer where Deep Silver CEO stated that there will definitely be more Metro games added to this series...in the future. This is the same article stating that the game will be "more accessible to a wider audience".

17. NuclearWastE3

Regular

^Are you too a subscriber to PC Gamer? :wacko:

18. DarkOne

DarkOne Well-Known Member

#38 DarkOne, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2014
  19. Papajack55

Papajack55 Member

There will be a new Metro, but not like what you think. It will be similar to Last light, but they may move away partially from the survival instinct, but still have i in the game. Have to have it on the surface. I heard talks about "rebuilding the Metro" bit by bit. Not sure if it's true or not so don't quote me on that.