All the information so far to do with Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Forum' started by JigMcGalliger, Jun 12, 2017.

1. JigMcGalliger

JigMcGalliger Active Member
    Regular

The death of Last Light forums means no links can be posted... thanks?
    If you want to see links and media, check steam forums: steamcommunity[dot]com/app/412020/discussions/0/1354868867728380850

Here is the info compendium:

It will be available for Steam, Windows 10 Store, Xbox One S/X, PS4 + Pro. No GOG/DRM free or Linux/Mac version have been announced. Nothing confirmed about Xbox Play Anywhere. Preorders are not available yet, devs state it "should be up in most stores this week."

Story
    Unlike what was said before, this follows Artyom after Last Light's "enlightened" ending (which I prefer), nothing has been said about how it relates to 2035.

This follows their prior sentiment of a "story driven, less linear" experience, here is the summary:

"Metro Exodus is an epic, story-driven first person shooter from 4A Games that blends deadly combat and stealth with exploration and survival horror in one of the most immersive game worlds ever created. Explore the Russian wilderness across vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling story-line that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter. Inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky, Metro Exodus continues Artyom’s story in the greatest Metro adventure yet"

Here’s a list of features provided by publisher Deep Silver:
    • Embark on an incredible journey – board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East
    • Experience Sandbox Survival – a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels
    • A beautiful, hostile world – discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day / night cycles and dynamic weather
    • Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat
    • Your choices determine your comrades’ fate – not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability
    • The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion – a flickering candle in the darkness; a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over; the howl of a mutant on the night wind – the game will immerse and terrify you like no other
    Polygon has an interview with executive producer John Bloch who states “The story starts in Moscow and you play as Artyom and it picks up from Metro: Last Light’s enlightened ending,” Bloch said. “That is canon. It doesn’t pick up directly, but as far as the two endings, it’s canon.”

Bloch added that players will eventually leave Moscow and embark on a journey across a post-apocalyptic Russia. As they make their way through into unfamiliar settings, they’ll encounter familiar faces from previous games in the series.

“We're not saying who joins just yet but there will be a lot of fan favorite characters.”

“There’s large levels that offer a lot more freedom, they’re non-linear, but we will have a story wrapped into them. So the story will carry through across the non-linear and linear levels”. Bloch then goes on to explain that because of this, the game is “not exactly an open-world” in the traditional sense.

Technical
    The trailer was captured on a PC "of similar spec" to the Xbox One X

There is a big expansion on the types of modifications available for weapons. Minor modifications can be swapped without being at a shopkeeper.

Mostly speculation currently. Both console versions will have technical improvements for their respective premium counterparts. Digital Foundry reports that the Xbox E3 video was running in 4K at 30fps in full HDR and is not far from actual gameplay: "We're told that the sequence is built to target Xbox quality. A couple of 'flourishes' were added, but the player actions, the environments - 'that's all real'. And further: 'that sequence will be in the final game and it will stack up'."

An old Digital Foundry interview stated the new game (now Exodus) was possibly too large and detailed to handle 60fps on Xbox One and PS4 (the original versions). PS4 Pro would not be able to handle 4K/60fps and dropping that to 30 would negate all platform parity. All this leads me to believe it will probably be 30fps for all consoles and differ in resolution only.

Console demands: Visual Fidelty > Resolution > Framerate

I would like the option to switch between 4k/30fps to 1440p/60fps on Xbox One X and 1440p/30fps to 1080p/60fps on PS4 Pro. If this were possible, people would really start consider buying the premium consoles simply for the option.

Nothing confirmed for Vulkan or ultra widescreen support. I have firmly believe this will have DX11 support becuase the Xbox One S and 4A in general.

And yes, you can see Artyom's legs this time around

#1 JigMcGalliger, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Derrame likes this.
  2. Derrame

Derrame Well-Known Member
    Regular

aaaaaaawesome! a new metro game! yes!
    im so happy!

is it known if this game will have only english or other languages too?

thanks for the info

3. JigMcGalliger

Regular

I presume it will have English and Russian voice acting with subs for many others languages like before.

4. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member Regular

@Jig McGalliger Are you having a problem posting links on the forum? What did you mean by no links can be posted?

5. JigMcGalliger

Regular

Because my account did not roll over from the lastlightforum transition, I just linked my steam account to the new platform, there are restrictions for posting links (and media) on new accounts, they are limited by my cumulative activity on this new platform that I will doubtfully ever utilize beyond trying to reach lastlightforum users, I work in webhosting, I get it. Though maybe you could help. To compensate I could just try to refer users to the Steam thread since much of the lastlightforum users have stagnated since the transition, but I want them to be reached.

I was an occasional member of lastlightforum though I am more active on the Metro Steam forums and have been trying to aid Metro fans with their questions and concerns there since ~2011 because the official presence all over the the web has come and gone many times due to big changes within the three companies involved over the years (THQ, Deep Silver, and 4A).

I remain an independent from them and serve the fans when my life allows. Deep Silver and 4A games are still not active anywhere but twitter or facebook as of the past year, hopefully their new community manager, Sophie, will rectify this.

6. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member Regular

I see. What was your account on Last Light? I'm not sure why it wouldn't have rolled over, but I can check on that.

7. JigMcGalliger

Regular

It would have been loserspearl, I still have access to the email associated.

8. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member Regular

I sent you a conversation message regarding your loserspearl account.

9. xyrene

xyrene Well-Known Member
    Regular

Thanks for informing us, it is such a shame that you can't be able to post links.

10. JigMcGalliger

Regular

I still cannot post links, so use steam forums at steamcommunity[dot]com/app/412020/discussions/0/1354868867728380850

11. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member Regular

What exactly happens when you try to post a link? Based on our last discussion, I thought everything was working for you. I'd like to get this corrected so that you can post links on here.