Quantcast

A question about Legend of Zelda

Discussion in 'The Legend of Zelda' started by Ram Levy, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Ram Levy

Ram Levy Well-Known Member Regular

I'm kinda emberassed to say it but I never played any LoZ game. I want to know which game is the best to start with and whats your recommendations. Thanks :)

2. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

There is no best game to start with. Actually, I don't know what you're really asking.

If you want to experience everything, then start with the original LoZ and LoZ II games for the NES. If you just want to play a random Zelda game, then choose one of the newer ones like LoZ Ocarina of Time for the N64. However, if you can't get a hold of any of those consoles/emulators, then pick LoZ A Link Between Worlds for the Nintendo DS. I am still not sure what your question really asks.

3. indy4s

indy4s Member

I think It would be best to play Twilight Princess first. It's one of the best on many peoples accounts (and mine as well). However, as a long time fan I'd also recommend playing every game (no particular order) and then waiting in morbid anticipation of the new WiiU title.

4. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Do you have a 3DS? You should just grab Ocarina of Time 3D. It's a remake of the N64 classic which most Zelda fans consider THE best game in the franchise. The only real big difference is that the 3DS remake isn't ugly like the N64 game!

You can move on after that to other games, but that would be the best starting point since it was for a lot of people. All games are standalone until you go far enough down the rabbit hole to start reading about timelines and how all the games fit together.

5. gats

gats Well-Known Member Regular

I think ocarina of time is a good one to start out with and you should be able to run it on an emulator. I would then move on to Majora's Mask, Windwaker, A link to the past and Zelda 1.

6. camsdad

camsdad Active Member

If you feel like digging out your old SNES or SFam, then I'd say you should play A Link To The Past. That was my favorite game and remains the best and most fun to me. I say that only because I grew up playing that game.

7. RolePlayer

RolePlayer Well-Known Member Regular

Always start with the original. It is always the best, because the story has developed from there. If you want I'd say a Link to the Past is also a good starting point if you don't want to dig out the original Nintendo system.

8. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member Regular

Ocarina of Time is probably a good start, in my opinion. It has every element of a classic Zelda game in it, and it can show off the series all in one game.

9. Jboh

Jboh Active Member Regular

Any LoZ game is probably a good one to start with. I'd stay away from the DS ones, but the rest all have their own pros and cons. If you do start getting into the series, just make sure you're aware of how differently the console and handheld games play compared to each other.

That said, I personally recommend Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, A Link to the Past, or A Link Between Worlds (If you're looking for something a bit more modern.) They're all great games and I feel these really highlight what makes Zelda games great.

10. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member Regular

Well I'm thinking start with the classic. Link to the past SNES. If that's not your style then definitely the old ones on the N64 Ocarina or Majoras Mask. I think they are on the 3DS now. My favorite is the SNES one and I particularly loved Minish cap on the gba. However, no one speaks of that one.