Привет товарищи!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by FrontierPsychiatrist, Jul 20, 2013.

1. FrontierPsychiatrist

Hello citizens of the metro! My name is George (Юрий), and I am an American student. I played Metro 2033 for the first time when it originally came out on a severly outdated rig. As a result of that, I only got about 15 minutes into it. Recently, I upgraded my rig after a year long gaming hiatus and the first thing I did was beat 2033. Upon completion, I became obsessed with fininshing the series, bought last light, and am on my 3rd playthrough. :D I believe that the Metro series is, without a doubt, the most intricate and immersive series to date (Last Light definitely deserves GoTY).

Enough about gaming. Some may ask why my title is in Russian if I am an American. To that, I say this: I have been studying Russian language and culture for a little over a year now but started to study extensively over the past 6 months. Because of this, I can speak, read, and write Russian to an extent. Although I have difficulty differentiating between words in a conversation, I would love to talk to Russian speaking individuals online! I also like camping/hiking/survival, and just got back from a trip in the Grand Canyon! Anything else anyone would like to know, just ask. Счастливо!

2. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Welcome to the forums, George! I hope you enjoy your stay here.

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

Good to hear that you finally decided to beat Metro, it's such an amazing game indeed. Welcome! :)

4. Jastreb

Jastreb Active Member

Welcome to the forums! It's always nice to have someone who knows Cyrillic here :)
    ПОЗДРАВ!

5. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

Welcome fellow comrade!

#5 Clear Sky Stalker, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
  6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Привет, я не говорю хорошо по русски. Я из польши.

That's about the best I can do. :p In case that failed badly: greetings! I can't speak proper Russian, but I am from Poland and all of the Slavic languages have plenty in common. I taught myself to read Cyrillic and now that I know how to read Russian, I can understand bits of it without knowing the whole language just due to the similarities between Polish and Russian. I've also picked up some Russian words that don't appear in Polish from games, movies, books and the internet.

7. FrontierPsychiatrist

You're doing pretty good for not extensively studying Russian! :D

I agree though. I have a number of Polish speaking friends, and most of them can understand a minute amount of Russian just from the similarities!

8. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Hey, I never welcomed you to the forum. Late welcome :yo:!!