Your Opinions on roleplay?

Discussion in 'Last Light Roleplay' started by BORIS13, Oct 29, 2011.

1. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

Your Opinions on roleplay? So how do you think roleplay is doing? Is there anything ud like to add or discard from the roleplay? And what are your opinions on the other characters. For example how do you visualize them if they were in real life? Like there personality, fighting style, mental toughness, physical apperance, etc. etc.

IDK i thought this was a interesting idea for a thread :D

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

This is what I think of the RP so far: it's amazing. You guys have made it awesome, it's a nice place to escape from the real world for a few minutes and visualize yourself as your character, walking with others through a dark tunnel... it's just really quite fantastic. :) It's like reading a very atmospheric book, but even better, since you & everyone else involved can affect the outcome of the whole tale. Also, it makes you feel like you are the character and you're in the world of Metro 2033/2034. To be honest, I don't think I have anything to complain about so far, it's been great and I wanna thank everyone for making it so. ;)

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

I've been a roleplayer for about a year now, until all my favorite servers were shut down. I've had this one character all the way, and now I'm finally able to use the character again (Just in a little different way), but it's awesome. Seeing that Metro is awesome in itself, then RP was a damn good idea.
    Boris seems like a determined and skilled guy who knows what to do.
    Wolf seems like a wise, thoughtful man with a great ability to do the leadership.
    Steven seems like a quite simple man so far, but very clever and enthusiastic.
    Don't really know about Ghost Warrior or RedJacketMan yet.. :p

4. BORIS13

you guys are doing great on roleplay :)

5. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

I reckon it's great! Sometimes people drop out, but they obviously have reasons. But the story is taking very good twists, turns, and it's been quite a ride! 300+ posts: EPIC!

6. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

You guys are absolutely amazing at the roleplay! You guys really flesh out your characters really well. Sorry I've been unable to get on as much. Its just I've been getting home later, and don't have as much time.

#6 RedJacketMan, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2011
  7. BORIS13

its cool :) ur doin great man

8. BORIS13

but yeah. great job on the roleplay guys :)

9. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

I have to admit, you guys are great role players! You really create an immersive environment :)

10. DarkCougar555

DarkCougar555 Well-Known Member

I suck at role playing so bad. I would prefer to watch people are doing RPs instead to involve with them. If I do, I don't think players will enjoy my lousy English grammar, confused sentences, and boring imagery. For some reason, my primary language is not English and my vocabulary is still limit. It's a long story, anyway.

Still, it is enjoyable to watch how people play. :)

11. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

Well roleplays are always fun. I've done them on forums, Chats and IRL.
    It's really fun, and mostly you don't need to write that well for people to enjoy the rp. But when they do, well, let's say that it becomes really fun. But it's pretty rare, also. ^^

The best one I've been rp-ing with was a girl who had a author kind of style to the writing. I almost wondered if she actually was one >_<

12. Skaara Dreadlocks

Roleplaying in a game. For the win.

13. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

Oh lol that thought never struck me! o_O

14. BORIS13

haha

15. DarkCougar555

Hmm... Are you sure? Because many role players told me that my writing have to be "prefect" grammar, otherwise nobody like bad grammar writing in posts. :( Well, I guess that can't hurt to give a try here... Let me think about joining with you guys for while.

16. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

Well, because it's my second languange I might care less about it. But mainly you just need to write as good, so that people can understand what you mean. Perfect Grammar is kinda a overstatement, VERY few write that good...... >_>

17. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

*cough cough*

Ha ha, but no, I think the best grammar and spelling award goes to Skaara.

18. Skaara Dreadlocks

Why thank you, Von :3 It's good practice for English tests and all that since English isn't my primary language. And I write in English on the internet almost every day. But I honestly don't see how my grammar is any superior at all compared to your grammar, Von :p
    But I have to agree with Thuner. As long as one understands it, it's alright with bad grammar. Though it is a little annoying to have to read one or two sentences in a post over and over before one understands it.. :p

19. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

Precisely! xD
    Although, some authors I've read do ten to make me reread some sentences ALOT of times before understanding them, hehe xP

20. DarkCougar555

Indeed. I think role playing is suppose to be fun, not worry about Nazi grammar. I just took a look around this Role-Playing section, I notice it seems there is no female characters. Maybe I should add one whenever I have my time to do so. :p

But I suppose it is up to role-players if they prefer males only.