Your nicknames on MMORPG

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by grinder, Aug 11, 2015.

1. rabst

rabst Member

I was/am a walking, talking miracle, so 'MythMan' or 'MythManJay' etc. are natural nicknames I use. The name I use here--Rabst--I got from mixing my Horoscope-sign (Cancer the Crab) with my Chinese Horoscope sign (born in the year of the Rooster.

Actually--when you get down to it--I use those names on online games because I use them for email-addresses ... if I were still in school (Oklahoma City University), I'd have a lot of "jhubbard"-nicknames :cool:

2. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member
    Regular

If a game has an inbuilt name randomizer, I hit it a few times until I am satisfied and I just roll with it. I am not really good at making up named but I don't like ones like "xXDarkW0lfXx" either... If there is no random button I just find an online name randomizer.

3. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member
    Regular

I usually go with Fozz, haha. But, other than that, something I like. So, something to do with coffee, fitness, other games etc.

4. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

I generally use mythological figures that I like. I recently made a character, and used DameNeamhain as the name. (I tried using "DameMorrigan" but it kept giving me "unacceptable name", til I found out the Morrigan was actually IN the game. Oops.) Neamhain is the one of the three sisters that make The Morrigan and personifies the "frenzied havoc" of war, and I thought that sounded perfect for a tank type character.

5. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Nice, I always have been fascinated by mythological figures too and their names are indeed outstanding. I might try to imitate you next time I'll choose a nickname xD

6. chriswriter

chriswriter Member
    Regular

Gedred. If you've played World of Warcraft you'll know I'm a very famous man in there. But i'm always willing to help out the little people. They started calling me Gedred: The man with a heart of gold. At first I didn't like it but hey who am I instruct others on how to idolize me?

7. KyubiChan

KyubiChan Active Member
    Regular

I have made up some of my own names, but some names have a meaning. I choose foreign language names mostly, and sometimes try to look up the meaning of what I am naming my character. I also tend to stick to using the same names in games.

8. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

My username here is actually Latin based name. It's a type of nighblooming cactus species. In Latin Cereus means torch, wax or candle, which is why the Cereus cactus got its classification name since it looked like a candle. But yeah there's lots of cool names out there if someone looked enough. I've run across some science nerds in WoW about my usernames so that's always a fun bonus.

9. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Since I'm usually roleplaying, I try to come up with cool names that have the same flair as character names you might find in a Final Fantasy game. Usually, it's fancy sounding with an aristocratic air since I normally make sure my characters have plenty of cash and collect rare items.

10. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have had multiple variations of nick names in these games, most popular ones I use might be moneyman or money_man.

11. Dannyd857

Dannyd857 New Member

Not really a deep meaning, but I used to name every main character on MMOs I played the same. I had a unique name that I used on WoW, Warframe, D3, and Rift. Now I just pick stuff that sounds cool or are anime references.

12. p4lse

p4lse Active Member
    Regular

My nickname on most of the games is "PsyDucK". It is still my favourite Pokemon out of every other Pokemon and I feel like I have a strong connection to it.

13. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I tend to choose my MMO names randomly. If I am really into the setting or type of the game, I go even so far as to use a name generator for the current world I am playing in, just for role-playing purposes. :D

14. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

Under most circumstances, I randomly make up my characters' names according to only a few facts such as their gender, or race. I severally lack of knowledge of good names, so I sometimes would choose a name from a movie, an anime, or a book.

For example, if I play an elf character, I would use a name I heard from Lord of the Rings.

If not, I would make up silly name such as "Elfy" haha. Or "Dwarfy" for a Dwarf character. Sorry for the lack of imagination. :D

Although latter happens more often with RPG rather than MMORPG, since I feel the character names need to be not so silly when other real people are around to see it.

15. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

Most of the times, they're randomly chosen with online generators. Not because they'd show any token of creativity or wit, but because most of the times they're so silly and irrelevant to the MMORPG genre that, well, they paradoxically fit in better!

16. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

Dragon Age?

I love this idea, it's very cool. I wish I thought of it before. I mainly use a 'cool' sounding name which sounds like it could be a part of the world and specifically part of the race I'm choosing.

17. Bannon

Bannon Active Member
    Regular

I have a sort of pool of names for any fictional character/entity that I manage anywhere online which is actually fairly limited being something like a list having only 5 names. I don't really have a grand reason for using those names other than making it easier for me to think up of a name for anything while also making sure that it's personalized.

18. RabidRabbit

RabidRabbit Member
    Regular

Man... Coming up with a name. I bet some of the people here spent an hour or so in naming their chars. Mine always end up with something straight from animes.

19. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

Ha, ha, this used to be an issue for me, too, but then I stumbled upon those random name generators. :D

20. Nkara

Nkara Well-Known Member
    Regular

It depends. I've randomized a few, but then I never liked it.

The ones I did name specifically were with a reason.
    I did make a WoW hunter named "LizzieBorden," and my endgame goal with her was to equip her with an axe. :p
    My Panda Monk is a variation of Jimmy Choo......yeah yeah, like the shoes. I had planned at one point to make another toon named Prada if it was still available.
    I made a male pally blood elf that I named after the Goblin King in Labyrinth.