Your nicknames on MMORPG

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by grinder, Aug 11, 2015.

1. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

HI guys, do your nicknames that you chose on MMORPG have a particular meaning or they are just randomly chosen? I have to admit that most of the time I chose it basially randomly because I really have a lack of immagination.

2. daosasoriza

daosasoriza Member

I tend to name my characters with long and "cool" sounding names. Sometimes, I mix-up names to create a new one. I have an account that's named after orchids, stars, etc..

3. ConureKeeper1990

ConureKeeper1990 Active Member

I have made up a name that I've used through all of my MMORPG characters. I have never chosen a random nickname for my character. I even use the same name for my online services (Xbox Live, PSN, etc). I guess you can say I have an real online identity, lol.

4. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I use a lot of names in Greek mythology, lore and unpopular comic character names. I love giving my characters some history so the name is very important.

5. prabab

prabab Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm usually making new toons when playing with friends, so, as they're eager to start the game, they don't want me to take too long in the character creation screen. I that's why I usually give my characters the first name that ever crosses my mind. A I alone in this?

6. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

Latin/scientific names are my thing with the exception of minerals. Sound cool as heck and are rarely if ever taken.

7. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

My name in games, and this forums is a childĀ“s spelling of the Cat from the smurfs. Long story short, when I was about 8, the older kids ( 15-18) were playing paper DnD and I always watched them. One of them had to quit playing, and so they allowed me to take over his character ( Assassin no less) and I was allowed to rename the character.. I still am not sure how to spell the cat from the smurfs, but it is probably closer to Azreal.

8. ericnail

ericnail Member

I've stuck with UnrelentingTaco for a very long time now. I don't usually correlate my name to the game in any way. I'm a very random person in life and I don't think my character naming process should be any different. The way I see it, the weirder the better!

Why stick with the same stuff everybody else is using?

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

FuZyOn has been my nickname for 4 years now. I had Shammy and a couple of others abbreviated from it in the past but I tend to stick with this one for most of the games. I usually add a "01" or something if it's not available.

10. ISKMogul

ISKMogul Well-Known Member

My names of characters in MMOs tend to have some sense of meaning. It helps me value that character and the time invested in it's progression. It's a way of connecting with a game and becoming more immersed in it, thus keeping my interest for longer.

11. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

It is literally Zimbitt in every god damn thing I play.

12. prabab

prabab Well-Known Member
    Regular

Out of curiosity, could you give us some examples? Apparently even the minerals can roll of the tongue nicely. This idea seems pretty rad, I'm going to use it from now on, if you don't mind. Thanks!

13. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

haha, that list is crazy. I love sites like that which have real words and names that sound like stuff from science fiction.

14. Snakevenom

Snakevenom Well-Known Member
    Regular

My Username / nicknames are always related to the setting of the games story. If it's mythological then I'll use a god like name, if it's futuristic I'll use a name which combines letters and numbers (if it allows it). I like getting into the mind of my character and immersing myself within it so having a suitable name is pretty important.

15. MRZ

MRZ Member

Typically I just use a name generator and go with whatever sounds best after a minute or two for my username/nicknames, occasionally going with something more or less random that I assigned meaning to at the time.

16. obliviousme

obliviousme Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have a favorite name that i use in games but I'm not going to say it here. Lol Sometimes when it's not available i just add random numbers or add 'x' at the end. Lol

17. Gamepreneur

Gamepreneur Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like to go with a kind of "brand" focus, rather than one that has meaning. I like to create my own meaning for my nicknames I use in games, and thus help to make myself stand out among the rest of gamer's I play with!

18. prabab

prabab Well-Known Member
    Regular

What do you mean by that, could you explain? Some unique naming convention you're using?

19. West

West Well-Known Member
    Regular

I use 'Bozu' for 99.9999% of the games that I play. 'Bozu' means 'kid, brat, boy' in Japanese. If it's taken, I'll add characters like - or ; or : or , to it.

20. prabab

prabab Well-Known Member
    Regular

Very interesting. It's nice that it works for you even if you're using a derivative of a pretty common word. In a foreign language I guess, but still ;).