Your first MMO?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Yard' started by Disparity, Feb 3, 2012.

1. xDrac

xDrac Member

Lineage II.... oh good old times...

2. Keysaki

Keysaki New Member

Anarchy online

3. Diemos

Diemos Member

My first MMO was WoW, back in Vanilla

4. Alexandar

Alexandar Member

My first MMO was World of Warcraft. Started playing it little after The Burning Crusade expansion launch and stopped after Cataclysm. The reason I got attracted to WoW was the fact that I was an avet player of earlier Warcraft games like Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness and Warcraft 3.

5. improvedai

improvedai New Member

I remember back in the MUD days, played a wood elf Rogue named Falroth in the Gemstone III.

After looking it up, looks like there are some people play Gemstone IV now ha!

6. rmadler

rmadler New Member

WoW, about the time BC came out.

Unless you'll count my 10 minute stint in FFXI - I could never be that hardcore.

7. Pravius

Pravius New Member

My first MMO was Everquest. My second MMO is what really hooked me though. Dark Age of Camelot. Amazing game.

8. Steelcobra

Steelcobra New Member

DAoC: Pure Bliss

Dark Age of Camelot was my first and is still one of the best games around. I've played a lot of MMO's and I feel like GW2 is sort of paying tribute to the 3 realm pvp that DAoC started by doing the WvW (the colors on the UI are even Red Green and Blue). SWG was another close and could have easily been first if Dark Age hadn't hooked me. SWG filled the role of immersion to the point of in game adventures people would have sounding like real life stories. That was impressive to me to have a game that had the perfect blend of social and combat where if you never wanted to fight you could play the game completely and feel satisfied in what you could accomplish through crafting or entertaining.

9. Cerwin

Cerwin Member

My first one was actually GW1 back on dial-up modem through AOL. :D

10. Cutler4Life

Cutler4Life Active Member

I played WOW with my middle school friends. We thought we were so cool :p We eventually stopped playing because our parents caught on and didn't want us playing so much

11. MorgUK

MorgUK Well-Known Member

Mine was WoW. My cousin got it for his birthday off a friend and I got sucked into it! I remember playing till 6am, knowing I had to get up at 8am for school! Crazy times, was good fun though and a good game. My cousin quit because his friends quit, then I quit because I had no one to play with.

12. bknight

bknight Active Member

My first one was Lineage ages ago, I still remembered the mess I made with all the items I catched lol, didn't had the small clue which one was better or worse, but playing Lineage was what caused me to start playing World of Warcraft, so yeah, not a bad experience overall.

13. GetFresh

GetFresh Member

My very first MMO was Runescape. That game help curb a taste for other MMO games. I've spent numerous hours grinding to get max stats in a lot of skills. It was also enjoyable unlike many other MMOs where you can only do two things. In Runescape you have a huge variety of things to do with skills and mini-games.

14. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

My first MMO was Everquest. It was the very first game I ever played. I still remember vividly when I used to play this game at m,y friend's place. He'd barely let me play it. It got me so much sucked into the game that I ended up buying my own PC.

15. MorgUK

MorgUK Well-Known Member

I guess technically Runescape was probably my first MMO. Very addictive for a web based game!

16. Oakster

Oakster Well-Known Member

My first MMO was Everquest II, lots of grinding and camping rare spawns there :)
    I did play Runescape before that but only for a little while between classes so I don't really count it :)

17. gats

gats Well-Known Member
    Regular

My first MMO was the Runescape Beta. It was a fun game when everything was new and nobody knew how to really level up quickly. It's funny seeing everybody nowadays with maxed stats like it is nothing.

18. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

My first mmo was Rappelz Epic 3 I was addicted to the game until they released then the game went to crap their was so many bugs, then the hackers came and eventually I ended up quitting and played on a private server for a bit then I just left the game completely.

19. leahcim132

leahcim132 Well-Known Member
    Regular

My first MMORPG is WoW. I always played it with my friends and we still do today!

20. CaptainWoodzy

CaptainWoodzy Member

Ultima Online, unless you count MUDS (which you should). That whole time period was so magical and epic, to use a rather overused word. I've yet to find a game suck me in like those guys could.